Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

jd4885 t1_j5qyshw wrote

I’m a Philly fan and really the Eagles fanbase is the most like the stereotypical obnoxious Philly fan moniker. That being said you might be made fun of, harassed, etc, but you won’t be physically attacked at all unless you provoke it. Nobody vomits on random children (purposely), nobody throws batteries (anymore) and nobody boos Santa (unless he’s drunk and embarrassing himself). Nobody will randomly punch you and if they would I think most eagles fans nearby would actually have your back because nobody in Philly likes a cheap shot.

heartops321 t1_j5tibzf wrote

Agreed the only ones causing trouble these days are drunk teens. The NFL really made the stadium police crack down on "violence" you can say "F*"k the niners" but anything directed at an individual can get you tossed. As long as you aren't the aggressor nothing will happen.

alizadk t1_j5r0x7j wrote

−1

jd4885 t1_j5r780z wrote

Literally an article from 12 years ago. That's one instance in over 1500 sporting events.

alizadk t1_j5r7dpw wrote

You said nobody, but there's a reason Washington fans bring it up. Because it happened, and it happened to one of our own.

ProcessMeMrHinkie t1_j5roion wrote

lol, as soon as he wrote that I knew someone would bring that up. As another Philly fan, we like to say he's from Jersey and a degen. In a playoff/busier atmosphere I like to think he'd have been shoved and pushed out of there by other Eagles fans because what he did was pretty f'ing heinous. I don't know why the stadium staff didn't kick him out with his friend (prior to his forced vomiting) who must have been doing equally pathetic crap - usually the group or pair is punished in that situation. I'd definitely been yelling at him to get the hell out if he was cursing a bunch of vile stuff at a young girl.

I've only been to one game at the Linc - my brothers; however, went to the NFC Championship game in '04. IIRC correctly, the worst they saw was a trash can be put on top of someone's head. I think over the years it's become more tame as the old 700 level hooligans from Veterans Stadium started to disappear.

classiccatch84 t1_j5s7y69 wrote

Let’s start talking about some other cities (looking at you, Boston).