Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ieatglass t1_j5rtpmf wrote

Sumac has got to be my top pick. Well worth the drive and pen druid is great to boot

kirkl3s t1_j5rykbm wrote

Would live at Pen Druid if I could

priyarainelle OP t1_j5teco0 wrote

Nice! What did you love? Have you been to Three Blacksmiths, by chance? It seems like a weekend trip to VA could include a stop at both!

The website doesn’t have a ton of information right now bedside they are on break, but their Instagram had some amazing dishes featured!

ieatglass t1_j5thluo wrote

They change the menu up weekly but everything has been delicious! Favorites include the chicken done 6 ways, strawberry tres leches, and a variety of mushroom dishes

We haven’t done three blacksmiths. We were scheduled to go right as they got new owners so we canceled the reservation because we weren’t sure if it was going to be different than anticipated. We went to the inn at little Washington instead. The sister restaurant to the inn, Patty O’s, is also quite delicious.

Three blacksmiths you have to book like 6 months in advance

priyarainelle OP t1_j5w0zoh wrote

Yea I tried to do the Inn at Little Washington, Field and Main, and Three Blacksmiths during a weekend retreat to Charlottesville but Three Blacksmiths was booked solid so it was the one place we didn’t get to go. I looked today and they are booked solid until August 😑

Seems like I’m going to have to try to make a reservation at Sumac when it reopens in the Spring, and waitlist for Three Blacksmiths for the same weekend! Wish me luck lol