Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

whingeing t1_ja2oxb1 wrote

Sounds like you have an agenda and would rather live in a bubble where you’re an expert geopolitician.

CulturalFlight6899 t1_ja2q9yi wrote

How so? I'm not a geopolitical expert, just interested in trade and econ and geopolitics.

Not sure what bubble you mea. Am in Russian telegrams, Indian news and Hindu speaking areas, Chinese media apps, etc.

If anything, Indian media and people are even more anti West in Hindi speaking circles than English ones. Hence China being their largest trade partner

whingeing t1_ja2sqix wrote

I really don’t think the entire the world is anti US, much less anti anyone. Yes there are problematic things in society today, but polarizing news and a percentage of people who are voicing their opinions loudly does not immediately mean it’s fact. I’ll stick to the point: I do not agree with you that india hates the US. I don’t think the US hates India. If that’s the case, we should listen to the likes of the the Republican Party who love Russia and want us to stop helping the Ukrainians. But does supplying support immediately mean we hate Russia? The US and the Europeans have been buying their oil from India who sources MOST of their oil from Iraq and some from Russia too. Does that make us pro Russia and pro Middle East? Do you see how your arguments are just meant to incite division and hatred?

Geopolitics is complicated. Our armchair opinions aren’t grounded well enough to make sweeping statements. Did you see the post about El Salvador yesterday? The news coverage was so bad and you’d think it’s the worst. But then you listen to individuals who live there and realize hey maybe the world is more complicated than we think.