Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

TheGarbageStore t1_ja8f5mx wrote

There have been no shortage of ethnic Palestinians playing for Israel national teams, also Muslims who are not Palestinian like Bibras Natcho. They just usually have Israeli citizenship.

hellolittlebears t1_ja8nqnv wrote

There have only been about half a dozen ethnic Palestinians to play in the Israel Basketball Premier League since the first in the late 80s. It’s not very common, which is why her story is such a remarkable one.

PEVEI t1_ja87sau wrote

More evidence of "Israeli apartheid" I see. /s

Ok_Anything_5052 t1_ja884rd wrote

Watch what you say. The IDF is watching. Your going to get downvoted to oblivion

−93

takeitineasy t1_ja8anr3 wrote

Hi, I'm the leader of the IDF, CIA, and Pizza Hut (yea, at the same time, cool, huh?). I'm very scary with my super effective downvotes.

[deleted] t1_ja9o0hz wrote

[deleted]

Ok_Anything_5052 t1_jaaqf0t wrote

don’t you have something better to do then stalk me on Reddit ? seems like your the paranoid one. why are you so afraid of the world finding out about the crimes committed in Palestine ? the human rights abuses and violations committed daily by the IDF ? It’s clear as day that anyone making any comment on a matter reported on here about Israel is downvoted to shit. I for one am not scared to voice my opinion nor do I give a fuck if your Jewish or not. you could be any religion in Israel and I wouldn’t give a fuck. it’s the fact that anything negative done by Israel is automatically considered anti-Semetic. That excuse is getting old. your crimes committed against the innocent people of Palestine will always be a subject I’m interested in and you can’t shut me up so suck my dick.

−27

[deleted] t1_jaaqxmm wrote

[deleted]

Ok_Anything_5052 t1_jaasocd wrote

Looking at your comments you support them clearly. so your just as ignorant. and all those downvotes solidifies my point.

−23

HiHoJufro t1_jaay524 wrote

>and all those downvotes solidifies my point.

Yes, of course, people thinking your comments are bad prove they're good!

[deleted] t1_ja88olh wrote

[deleted]

Sticky_Quip t1_ja8em4h wrote

I’d imagine death threats are the least of her worries

[deleted] t1_ja8iqdz wrote

[deleted]

−12

PsychologicalTalk156 t1_jaa6oii wrote

Really depends on which team she's playing for, some of the teams have very jingoistic/racist fans, others not so much.

[deleted] t1_ja89qi6 wrote

[deleted]

−15

3dio t1_ja8j6ve wrote

She's an Israeli citizen. Read the article

hellolittlebears t1_ja8lwku wrote

She is not a citizen. She only has an identity card which are issued to all residents, including noncitizens. She is from Bethlehem in the West Bank so most likely, her card is color coded to mark her as a Palestinian.

−12

3dio t1_ja8mgib wrote

She has a blue (Israeli) id card

hellolittlebears t1_ja8mv0t wrote

How do you know this? You just said she was a citizen when she is not. She is from Bethlehem.

−15

3dio t1_ja8npva wrote

You seem to have little knowledge and thus understanding of life in that area. Palestinians (Arabs) can have Israeli citizenship. I'm guessing she has roots or family in Israeli territory or was born there..or thousands of other personal possible circumstance

hellolittlebears t1_ja8r4t3 wrote

Yes but she doesn’t. She only has an ID card, not citizenship.

−14

proteinwipes t1_ja8yd23 wrote

An ID card means she has citizenship.

hellolittlebears t1_ja90j38 wrote

No it doesn’t. ID cards are also issued to non citizen residents.

−4

3dio t1_ja924tv wrote

She's on the national team

Gitzser t1_ja9zvsq wrote

why continue this useless argument when a simple Google search shows that you're clearly in the wrong

proteinwipes t1_ja91s65 wrote

I remeber thinking permanent residency and citizenship are practically the same here, I had a friend in high school who had residency instead of citizenship.

After looking it up, you are correct. They indeed are not the same.

3dio t1_ja8n486 wrote

I've read the article where it's written. Or do you mean how do I know blue id is Israeli?

hellolittlebears t1_ja8r2s5 wrote

Where is it written in the article?

eyl569 t1_ja96f3p wrote

>She holds an Israeli identity card and is not considered a foreign player.

In the Hebrew version of the article* it explicitly says she has a blue identity card.

*https://m.ynet.co.il/articles/bjckax5as

hellolittlebears t1_ja99g9x wrote

Thank you. I wonder why they didn’t just say that she’s a citizen and why they are describing her as Palestinian rather than Arab Israeli?

eyl569 t1_ja9dhaw wrote

>I wonder why they didn’t just say that she’s a citizen and why they are describing her as Palestinian rather than Arab Israeli?

Probably because she lives in Bethlaham.

PEVEI t1_ja8c1iw wrote

That isn't just like America, in the US it took about a hundred years for black people to fight for the right to participate in sports with white people. How could Americans so easily forget segregation in life and in sports?

You only changed your tune after WWII, and even then the first black person on a white team didn't occur until the 1950's.