Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

BronzeAssembly t1_ja997dl wrote

Looks like Moldova is getting serious about not being a puppet state. Let's hope it's successful and the plotters get what they deserve.

Blackthorne75 t1_ja9l4pt wrote

Seditious behaviour in the face of a potential threat to sovereignty? Enemies on the doorstep? They're not getting off easy.

Timey16 t1_jaby18e wrote

You fucking bet that even though Ukraine doesn't officially have the death penalty, more than one captured saboteur and other traitors were probably just executed on the spot.

−13

MrAnderson-expectyou t1_jaav5d9 wrote

They also have a VERY strong relationship with their neighbor Romania, who would 100% not allow them to be a puppet to Russia

SeriousKarol t1_jabgk5y wrote

Do we know what happened to the referendum to join Romania?

ifartfreedom t1_ja9kert wrote

> The SIS did not state ... which countries they were from, or for whom they were allegedly working.

*Everyone stares at Russia*

bendover912 t1_ja94d5i wrote

On the one hand, I can think of a lot of people in the US I'd like to see expelled for destabilization.

On the other, I can't think of who I would trust to decide who gets expelled.

HopeCruncher t1_jaa9doh wrote

Not me, I put my pants on backwards today 🤷‍♂️

endbit t1_ja9ffax wrote

Their boarder security/police and those on a Russian passport would be my starting point.

SeparatePerformer703 t1_jab7cf0 wrote

Wow, a rational liberal; I wish there there were more of you.

−23

2-Legit-2-Quip t1_jabk4q7 wrote

Sidney Powell claimed she got her election information from a person who time travels. I bet you support the stable genius who had her on his legal team. I don't think Liberals are the problem.

Ma1nta1n3r t1_jaaj4en wrote

You can say Russia,... it's not like everyone doesn't know.

If you want, just post pictures of their passports, intelligence agencies of the world love this. They get to see who they really are and what false passports they're using.

noes16 t1_jabtpd8 wrote

Who they are and false passports? :) I agree that they use fake passports, but other than the basics, like height and gender, nothing else is real on the fake passports? Photos are nice, but they aren't searchable (without access to Russian databases, or previous encounters with foreign intelligence).

Syracuss t1_jabupdo wrote

You say that, but an entire spy ring got caught because they'd use consecutive passport numbers: https://thedebrief.org/russian-spy-successfully-infiltrated-nato-command-circles-reveals-stunning-report/

> Critically, Bellingcat and The Insider also exposed a massive GRU counterintelligence failure in that agency had been issuing consecutively numbered passports to its undercover spies. This meant that investigative journalists, foreign security agencies, or anyone for that matter, could acquire data frequently leaked onto Russia’s black market to uncover other embedded spies.

So it can be valuable, even when it's all fake

macross1984 t1_ja9d1m4 wrote

I could think only of Russia as the one who would benefit most from Moldova destabilized.

autotldr t1_ja91wfy wrote

This is the best tl;dr I could make, original reduced by 75%. (I'm a bot)

> CHISINAU, Moldova - Moldova's intelligence agency said Monday that two foreign nationals who posed as tourists have been expelled from the country and banned from returning for 10 years after they were caught carrying out "Subversive actions" to destabilize Moldova.

> The SIS did not state when the foreign nationals arrived in Moldova, which countries they were from, or for whom they were allegedly working.

> ADVERTISEMENT. The SIS added that the foreign nationals were actively monitoring and documenting social and political processes in Moldova, including protests it said were "Organized in the capital by certain political forces."

Extended Summary | FAQ | Feedback | Top keywords: Moldova^#1 protest^#2 SIS^#3 government^#4 group^#5

OptimisticSkeleton t1_jac4cxn wrote

Ooooh Moldova’s counter spy just earned a promotion!

MonoGreenFanBoy t1_jaat3ki wrote

Why expel? Surely interrogate until they've used up their usefulness is better for being a threat to national security

Gutternips t1_jabsecp wrote

Maybe they were in the diplomatic staff of a country well known for using its diplomatic staff for nefarious means.

SuccessfulOperation t1_jadls2x wrote

Tankies are gonna have to admit they were wrong about Russia. Fast.

calima1984 t1_jaekoj2 wrote

Was it Bruce Willis and John Malkovich

pleeplious t1_jaax3ak wrote

I’ve been to the Moldovan capital Chișinău. It would be so easy to cause disruption there. Large packs of wild dogs. Hardly any street lights at night. Feels other worldly compared to other western capitals. You could get away with a bunch of shit at night.

DeathGodBob t1_jachvaa wrote

Gods.. I wish we would do that.

EvenHair4706 t1_jabhgas wrote

At least they weren’t disappeared, just deported.

−1

Bingebammer t1_jabwv6f wrote

> Sadly they weren’t disappeared, just deported.

ftfy