Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

SympathyOver1244 t1_j9wv5n7 wrote

Canada should be cognizant since it ranks last for military strength in the G7 bloc.

−16

pjbth t1_j9x04ak wrote

Yeah because the only country we have to worry about defensively outspends the rest of the world combined so it's awful hard to justify spending more on land forces when we have more than enough to fulfill our peacekeeping duties now that we have transports to actually move our stuff around.

Canada's military spending needs to be focused on creating a navy that can adequately patrol and protect our northern sea routes for our allies to use commercially. I think that will provide more benefit to our allies than spending money keeping 80 or 100 tanks at 100% readiness at any moment.

Tr3sp4ss3r t1_j9xa246 wrote

That's a great idea. Working closely with the USN would provide you a great advantage when building and training a naval fleet. It would be a useful asset in a useful place.

cowet t1_j9x6m1n wrote

Not the rest of the world combined anymore but it's still a lot so I get your point.

−1

BartVanHouten t1_j9x28ox wrote

Lol. Don’t mess with Canada. We were very effective in both wars with a small population and small budget.

PowerlineTyler t1_j9wwmyx wrote

cognizant kŏg′nĭ-zənt adjective Fully informed; conscious. synonym: aware. Having cognizance or knowledge. (of). Aware; fully informed; having understanding The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th

Okay, as a Canadian I am aware of this.

Now what

notcaffeinefree t1_j9x0byz wrote

And? No one's going to be attacking Canada.

Intelligent-Prune-33 t1_j9x46pc wrote

I’ve thought about invading for the poutine…but then the border guard was like “yeah, just go here, they have the best and safe travels” and it’s like… ruining all the fun…

Appropriate_Phase_28 t1_j9xbff2 wrote

no one wants to conquer a vast iceberg....with people who say 'eh' after every sentence ...../s