Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

adamexcoffon t1_jch6e12 wrote

The problem with pensions is a short/middle term problem. On the long term (2030 and after), the pension balance will be more (not absolutely) equilibrate because of baby-boomers population decaying. You could find money other ways for that kind of problem... Since it's not a systemic dysfunctionality but a contextual one linked to a demographic conjecture.

This is not the heroic act of a responsible president. This is one politician and his crew abusing the vices of a non-democratic system made for one long-dead man, to achieve a peculiar political agenda oriented towards one politico-economic ideology. And people are right to be mad.

But I will say also that I personally think this anger is not proportionate to the problem. It's a conjunction of decades of this behaviour from governments, of an impotence feeling, the retrograde politics, the sentiment to never be listened, to be handcuffed in elections, etc... All of this exploding to the face of these men and women. They pay for their own mistakes but also for others'.

Post scriptum : life expectancy is higher for well-being people. It doesn't raise amongst the poorest. I'm asking myself how the carpenter I've worked with last summer will go on to 62 already, with his back ruined.

PublicFurryAccount t1_jclkfoq wrote

People ignore this a lot.

The problem with pensions is very temporary, it’s all just a question of when Boomers start dying off. And it’s even more aggressively temporary because the generation after is much much smaller.