Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

[deleted] t1_jedr0ud wrote

[removed]

−5

valgrind_error t1_jedw5io wrote

What difference does it make. Saying “gay people exist and we shouldn’t discriminate against them” doesn’t make more gay people. They were there already. It’s just deciding not to be a total piece of shit and making others lives worse over some immutable part of them beyond their control.

If Japan took its population decline issue seriously, they’d be doing more to make it affordable and possible for young people to start families, instead of spending all of their time an energy working just to be able to live in a box in a metropole. They may also consider allowing more immigrants into the country.

Zee09 t1_jee8vwq wrote

I agree with your second paragraph.

However, I am not speaking directly about the discrimination but more towards the idea of promoting homosexuality within Japan given their decline population situation. People are programmable and can be influenced by easily given the right amount of exposure. If LGBTQ orientation was pushed more into different facets of society, wouldn’t that be currently harmful?

−9

choosen-undead t1_jef2u25 wrote

>towards the idea of promoting homosexuality

You sound incredibly dumb. No one is promoting anything. You don't become gay just because you are exposed to it. I am exposed to heterosexual stuff all the time. I didn't magically become straight.

Fluitenkruid t1_jedrms9 wrote

Homosexuality is not an idea you can promote, it is found in all societies and merely being repressed by discrimination like this. Homosexual people can still have children with donors and surrogates.

Zee09 t1_jee9ei8 wrote

I’d argue it’s an idea just like heterosexuality and either could be repressed. They could have children via donors but that’s the problem considering they are not having children to begin with. I’d imagine even homosexual Japanese couples would contribute to the birth rate issue since it appears to be a Japanese issue. However, promoting this is also a risk if more people adopt this orientation as fundamentally no children can be bore.

−3

hamsterdamc t1_jedwhkr wrote

>promotes homosexuality

Homosexuality is never "promoted"

Datdarnpupper t1_jedxzk9 wrote

Fuck off with this thinly veiled JAQing off bullshit

Zee09 t1_jee9q36 wrote

What is JAQing?

MiloticMaster t1_jeemtcz wrote

JAQing or Just Asking Questions, is when people pretend to ask an innocent question, but it's a loaded question to frame or sidetrack the conversation.

The person deleted their comment so IDK, but an example would be saying something like "Are raisins really safe to eat?" not because you don't know raisins are safe, but because you want to mislead other people into not eating raisins cause they might be unsafe.

destinationnewmexico t1_jee34jk wrote

> Legitimate question. If Japan promotes homosexuality within its society, and this promotion leads to maybe more adoption of this orientation, would this then not further the crisis of their declining population?

If you are a straight man would your country legalizing same sex marriage make you more likely to want to sleep with a man?

The-Entity t1_jee6rne wrote

It doesn't make more people gay.

Zee09 t1_jee9mjg wrote

Spreading of an idea can definitely lead to further adoption of it in the same way suppression of ideas can limit viability in the long run

−1