Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Riptide360 t1_jefhh36 wrote

Did we sell Pakistan arms in their fight for independence from India? Was Pakistan our first muslim ally?

−3

Old-Example-1023 t1_jefi6o9 wrote

In 47 no, in 65,71 yes USA even voted against India in UNSC.

Riptide360 t1_jefk3v0 wrote

Too bad Truman and Nehru didn’t hit it off well. I’m glad the US came around decades later. It took Clinton to unlock India’s great talent by increasing H1-B visas and allowing US back office outsourcing. India sends us your very best and produces some of the best managers to run complex organizations.

Now if we can just figure out how to tap Iran’s vast pool of talent we can put another bad chapter to rest! https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/countries-with-the-most-engineering-graduates.html

Old-Example-1023 t1_jefmrh1 wrote

Yeah man i find it very amusing that USA hated the only democracy in the region, good thing is current govt has been the most pro-western govt in our history But Biden is still living in 2000s let's see Western companies are setting their units here.

Riptide360 t1_jefo8we wrote

Be worried if we re-elect Trump or worse, DeSantis. Biden is old and Harris isn’t well liked, but she could be the first Indian American President.

Capitalism doesn’t care about democracy. We need to pass free trade between democracies, and taxes for tyrants if we want to temper capitalism’s tendency to exploit cheap labor & resources.

India is the world’s largest democracy and one of the most culturally diverse countries in the world. Just wish you weren’t surrounded by so many authoritarian regimes. https://freedomhouse.org/explore-the-map?type=fiw&year=2023

Old-Example-1023 t1_jefpcdb wrote

I think that's our speciality u know we are resilient Mughals tried to conquer whole India but failed, Alexander tried but failed, British looted us but look still standing strong been to Mars before UK, won cricket World Cup before UK.

Riptide360 t1_jefpw19 wrote

Oldest civilization on the planet, on the largest watershed in the world, protected by oceans on three sides has truly blessed India.