Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Ambitious_Mousse87 t1_jefjat4 wrote

What rights away? A heterosexual family do not break any standards , and i was raised like one. There is no law stopping lgbt to have or adopt kids. I just don't find it morally right. The way of thinking of a woman or men are very different, so their body morphology. Why i should deprive my child of a mother? Female figure. So u all are saying men and women all look th same, the way of touching, body language and the way to express feeling is the same way? I doubt.

In any case, we live in a free democratic west. I just expressed my opinion, even ifi it is wrong for a lot of people out there.

−40

pieapple135 t1_jefmkzm wrote

The role of mother/father figures in a family does not necessarily have to be defined by sex.

[deleted] t1_jegb4ms wrote

That's fine and well, but you should realise and admit your view is purely based on emotion and not rational.

Children of same-sex parents have equal outcomes: https://whatweknow.inequality.cornell.edu/topics/lgbt-equality/what-does-the-scholarly-research-say-about-the-wellbeing-of-children-with-gay-or-lesbian-parents/

Why should we defer to tradition and "I think it's icky" if the science clearly demonstrates same-sex parenting is fine?

ArgusTheCat t1_jeghzgo wrote

This literally is a law to stop LGBT people from adopting kids, what the fuck are you talking about.