Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

--Gungnir-- t1_iueh28m wrote

I hope the young people there are able to get rid of their Crazy, Extremist, Religious wackjob government and create something new for themselves that will allow them to live in peace with the rest of the world and prosper.

Abortionofrights t1_iuej94o wrote

They lack several things required for anything like that, namely leadership, support from a armed portion of the government, and any kind of international support as the same people protesting are generally against the west as well.

Arthurs-towel42 t1_iuemt17 wrote

Most are tired of the morality police & would like to be free from the fear they install. This protest will be quelled brutally and soon. The RG will make sure of that. Yet the protests are showing that there's a simmering discontent and there will be a major shift one day, that's good! To get rid of the Supreme Leader is the goal for many, his archaic beliefs do the damage. The protests are impressive and they've got guts!

Cthulhu2016 t1_iuej27r wrote

It's not going to stop until the dictators are killed, as long as their staff is paid handsomely and they are no longer surrounded by sycophants and lap dogs nothings going to change.

All across the world we are at the boot of some tyrannical regime just waiting to exercise their stranglehold on the nation's they control. Money, greed, corruption and power. Look at how many narcissistic tyrants we've seen throughout history, they plague us, like a cancer and it needs to be eradicated!

SlackGhost t1_iuelhfa wrote

They are all narcissists. The only good leader would be someone who doesn't want to be a leader. So catch 22.

Cthulhu2016 t1_iuem2ko wrote

It really is, the reluctant ones are always the best leaders but don't want the power, for everyone that steps down 20 malignant narcissists are ready to step in and take over.

MGD109 t1_iufoe13 wrote

Eh, that doesn't really work in real life. If you force someone into a job they don't want, their just going to either slack off their responsibilities or be driven to apathy.

Its fine to want the job to be a good leader. Its just a question of wanting it for the right reasons and remembering them.

Necessary_Common4426 t1_iuemic0 wrote

The Iranian guards are missing a key component of the memo… The general population are tired of 40 years of economic destruction, loss of social freedoms & corruption in every aspect of life. The protests will continue for months to come

NatiAti513 t1_iuetxfu wrote

Are they? Is there actual proof to that other than just young people rioting or people in the west on social media calling for blood? Keep the pressure on them for reform, but calling for blood and revolution is about the dumbest thing they could do.

−21

jogarz t1_iufjluf wrote

The current government has shown it will not reform. That's what past protests were about. They never worked. Now the protestors are, by and large, calling for regime change, for revolution.

Necessary_Common4426 t1_iufcziz wrote

The Iranian people are tired of the bad deal they’ve had for nearly 50 years. They want change. And that will come soon

autotldr t1_iueg2jc wrote

This is the best tl;dr I could make, original reduced by 90%. (I'm a bot)

> Thousands of Iranians have demonstrated in defiance of a final warning by the head of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps that he would bring protests to an end with unprecedented force.

> Rallies were held on the streets on Sunday to protest against raids on student dormitories over the weekend in which students were taken away in buses to state detention.

> The largest gathering was at the central Tehran branch of Islamic Azad University, but other protests occurred on the university's North Tehran campus.

Extended Summary | FAQ | Feedback | Top keywords: protest^#1 Amini^#2 University^#3 arrest^#4 student^#5

CruelMetatron t1_iuf77k2 wrote

Just kill those bastards from the Guard and take their weapons.

Frozen_Frog021 t1_iuejeam wrote

Is Mister Salami an Iranian? Or is he a maniac mass murderer in spe?

FoxfieldJim t1_iugua7v wrote

I was too young and disconnect from world (non internet) to know if Khomeni was a mass figure before he overthrew the shah. But usually revolutions work when there is an alternate leader. Not a voice not a symbol but a leader who can organize and present an alternative so that common folks can join to upturn the government.

Is there such an alternative now?

Or will this become another occupy WS?

Edit: how long was khomeni rousing rabble / mobilizing his base before he challenged shah?

Serious question. Not Persian or even neighboring Iran and all I have seen is American news.

biamacooma t1_iuihfqb wrote

I believe the Iranian people know that sacrifice is necessary in order to progress to a country they all want. Many peoples of many nations believe you can have your cake and eat it too. Iranians are hungry for one thing only; revolution.

Dry-Recognition-2626 t1_iuizc2i wrote

Amazing how boomer leaders world wide all share the principles of controlling a population with laws they don’t believe in and milking the future generations for everything they can. Generational divides are always a thing but boy do these gents take it to the next level. Not sure if there’s been a generation out there in recent history so willing to toss out the generation before them while hamstringing the ones after them for their own gain. It’s the ultimate fuck the past and fuck the future mentality. Blows me away.