Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

DarkAngel900 t1_iugz7zk wrote

Hundreds on a bridge all at once? Thousands at a halloween party in one intersection? WTF is going on with people? Personally, I'd be like. 'This is too many people for this!"

[deleted] t1_iuhcy57 wrote

Yeah I mean even with the best engineering company that bridge was 140 years old and that means it was built back when there was like almost no standards and geologic surveys on rock suitability.

It did stand the test of time and it looks like the biggest Factor might be the Company they hired not being qualified, But I do think even under the best scenario that those people should not have been out there in those numbers rocking and kicking some 140 year old Bridge.

autotldr t1_iuh18al wrote

This is the best tl;dr I could make, original reduced by 82%. (I'm a bot)

> The death toll in the horrifying cable bridge collapse in Gujarat's Morbi increased to 133 on Monday after the National Disaster Response Force and Indian Navy personnel fished out more bodies from the Machchhu river bed, state home minister Harsh Sanghavi informed.

> "The bridge suddenly collapsed and people at the centre of the bridge fell into the river," a local resident, Supran said.

> President Droupadi Murmu, in a tweet, said, "The tragedy in Morbi, Gujarat has left me worried. My thoughts and prayers are with the affected people. Relief and rescue efforts will bring succour to the victims."

Extended Summary | FAQ | Feedback | Top keywords: bridge^#1 people^#2 Gujarat^#3 rescue^#4 Morbi^#5

No_Cow1 t1_iuh17gc wrote

Made in India.

[deleted] t1_iuhcfrc wrote

With UK materials! It was a cutting edge European design 140 years ago when built, but that doesn't mean It’s immune to weight allowance or incompetent local government.

US has had it's fair share of Overused and poorly maintained bridges and dams that were good enough for their intended purposes for a while but either not maintained or eventually overloaded to failure.

It happens, but this time it's on camera with ppl on it purposely pushing it to it's limits.