Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

orangebish t1_iu329x5 wrote

Do you want that kind of praise from a dictator and a killer, India?

−2

slipnips t1_iu3g34w wrote

He can say whatever he wants as long as he doesn't sell military equipments to Pakistan

going_supernova00 t1_iu3uh6w wrote

Frankly, Putin is somewhat correct on this. Regardless of many flaws that Modi has it is clear from his decisions he doesn't give a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks or believes, only what would benefit India and push India's interest.

bombmk t1_iu5586h wrote

> he doesn't give a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks or believes, only what would benefit India and push India's interest.

Those two things can run counter...

−7

going_supernova00 t1_iu5cbex wrote

I read up his whole career. He had a implicit hand in Gujarat riots, world condemned it didn't stop him. He abrogated article 370 put Kashmir in internet blackout , world showed concern still didn't stop him. He is buying Russian oil world is concerned , I don't think think anyone would do anything to change what he is going to do

xyzmangaboi t1_iu7185t wrote

All the opposition parties came together to take him down in 2019, yet he still won, his party is promoting various schemes to develop India like UPI (successful), ODOP (also successful, implementing across the states), NLP (yet to be seen), PMGSY (announced last year). He only serves India. I sincerely hope there won't be a fruitful CIA/ Kremlin coup next election.

Cloudboy9001 t1_iu6d9ym wrote

It appears playing both sides is often a good tactic middleish powers with enough bad behaviour that they'll get limited Western support.

−1