Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

_HossBonaventureCEO_ t1_iy7tolq wrote

Nah, it's him. Wanting to fight over someone stepping on a rag is profoundly stupid. The insecurity is mind boggling.

cdclopper t1_iy7v6b4 wrote

About as weak as getting but hurt about somebody wanting to fight somebody else. Maybe?

−9

_HossBonaventureCEO_ t1_iy7viu1 wrote

Sahwing and a miss.

cdclopper t1_iy7vql6 wrote

Downvoting me bro? Lol. You're real secure.

−6

EBZ1722 t1_iy7u5ur wrote

It might seem that way if you don't belong to a cultural group yourself. A lot of redditors are zombie level consumerists with zero sense of culture, so they're not equipped with a frame of reference to understand things like family, community, blood, culture, etc.

−17

_HossBonaventureCEO_ t1_iy7ugvc wrote

You don't have to be a thin skinned nationalist to understand family, community, and culture. By blood I assume you mean some intangible shared national destiny since you already said family.

EBZ1722 t1_iy7v4kw wrote

Yes, that's what I mean. Canelo gets it at least and he's the best boxer alive.

−13

_HossBonaventureCEO_ t1_iy7vhph wrote

Ok. I'll probably never understand nationalists and patriots.

EBZ1722 t1_iy7vqnx wrote

I don't particularly understand cosmopolitan ultra consumerists but I'm here to try

−2

_HossBonaventureCEO_ t1_iy7w2ip wrote

I don't get the ultra consumerist part either.

EBZ1722 t1_iy7wblw wrote

Probably a bit inflammatory on my part, cosmopolitan modern progressive may be a more appropriate term.

−4

laysback t1_iy7wj9e wrote

You are a troll

EBZ1722 t1_iy7wrxi wrote

Is everyone who holds different values from you a troll? Seems like a reductive and simplistic worldview.

_HossBonaventureCEO_ t1_iy7wy08 wrote

Ah, got it.

Yes, I am very much that. Consumerist doesn't fit.

EBZ1722 t1_iy7x9ma wrote

I'm on this platform mainly to expose myself to people like you, I'm not a typical part of the reddit demographic but I sincerely appreciate being challenged on my preconceived notions. So thanks for engaging with me, even though we don't see eye to eye.

-----shreddit----- t1_iy80his wrote

If that means that your country/culture thinks violence is a way of dealing with someone disrespecting their flag, then I feel there are much bigger underlying problems that need to be addressed.