Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

WexfordHo t1_ixx4tzs wrote

Seems fair, they were abandoned, why should they keep up their end?

Jerthy t1_ixx63at wrote

Well IS directly threatens them too, they'd continue the fight with or without allies.

It's just that they have much bigger threat to deal with now. I feel bad for what happened to these people, they really grew on me during the dreaded siege of Kobani, that's where they truly shown their spirit, they deserved a chance.

autotldr t1_ixx2u14 wrote

This is the best tl;dr I could make, original reduced by 75%. (I'm a bot)

> BEIRUT - The commander of the main U.S.-backed Kurdish-led force in Syria said Saturday they have halted operations against the Islamic State group due to Turkish attacks on northern Syria over the past week.

> Mazloum Abdi of the Syrian Democratic Forces told reporters that after nearly a week of Turkish airstrikes on northern Syria, Ankara is now preparing for a ground offensive.

> ADVERTISEMENT. "The forces that work symbolically with the international coalition in the fight against Daesh are now targets for the Turkish state and therefore operations have stopped," Abdi said, using an Arabic acronym of the Islamic State group.

Extended Summary | FAQ | Feedback | Top keywords: force^#1 Syria^#2 attack^#3 Turkish^#4 fight^#5

mazdayan t1_ixxnagz wrote

Have to focus on Turkish aggression

Batcraft10 t1_ixy1xsz wrote

Wont happen anytime soon, especially with Finland and Sweden joining NATO. Unless Russia completely collapses and has a regime change, I doubt NATO nations would do anything which confronts Turkey directly.

MacronTheNecromancer t1_iy0zcz4 wrote

There really isn’t any isis presence in SDF held areas. The pockets that do exist are in the desert west of the Euphrates and that area is surrounded by government forces.

What could exist in SDF areas are sleeper cells but I doubt they would “halt” any operation against them if they knew about them

cencorshipisbad t1_ixyt22z wrote

Mistake to stop demonstrating how valuable an ally you are in the face of errant “ally” Turkey doing the opposite.

−6

EmuInternational7686 t1_ixy9m70 wrote

I am actually waiting until they negotiate to get some 'presents' and cash from ISIS, instead of West.

Happened more than you can imagine with Israel, just check the unpopular sources i.e. Mossad's reports to IDF.

I am sure the West would be so shocked when the guns that they supply turn against them the moment it is profitable for the ultra nationalist fascist Kurds.

−21