Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

BusinessTour8371 t1_iy54s08 wrote

"How many Kurds would you be ok with us murdering without you saying a word?"

Livio88 t1_iy8f945 wrote

Why would they ask permission from two Scandinavian countries for that? Even the US can’t say shit about it.

And it seems like there’s millions of middle class Kurds living in Turkey and they’re also serving in the turkish military. No one’s buying the narrative that it’s just Turks against Kurds as a monolith.

h8newslettersm8 t1_iy6uk7w wrote

Your false narrative is disgusting. Türkiye's biggest metropolitan city İstanbul is home to 2 million Kurds, how would even this country be stable if it were killing Kurds based on their ethnicity? For the last fucking time it is Turkish Armed Forces vs PKK and affiliated groups not Turks vs Kurds. I am a Turk and my wife is a Kurd and our children, if we decide to make babies, will be mixed. What the fuck are you talking about? These Reddit woke simpletons who know nothing about Anatolia really get on my nerves.

−1

BusinessTour8371 t1_iy6z4hv wrote

> how would even this country be stable

It isn't

TerpenesByMS t1_iy7id5s wrote

This example is nuts and i'm only using the names for the example, no shade intended, bear with me:

Imagine that in America, Presbyterian churches in New England were also a giant communist mafia that killed cops and civilians and blew stuff up, while running scammy businesses everywhere. Factor in that a mostly-friendly country just gave their Canadian counterparts a big heap of guns and grenades to fight against the Westboro Baptist Church neo-crusader extremists that were beheading people in now-lawless and war-torn Canada, and those guns are trading hands with the (fictional) Presbyterian mafia who are ramping up the violence and threats.

Now change Presbyterians to PKK, WBC to ISIS, Canada to Syria, and America is Turkiye. This is what Turkiye is dealing with, in a weird metaphorical nutshell.

Seriously, stable or not, Reddit needs to figure out how actually tolerant most of Turkiye's citizens are, it's tiring seeing all the uneducated vitriol.