Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

TheOneEyedWolf t1_j1vvq8z wrote

Do you really not understand how conversations work? Read your above comment again and see if you can’t follow the thread that connects them. After that look a few steps after where you respond to me saying that I can and did criticize the USA. Which I did not. I merely stated that according to the UN charter, wars of aggression are illegal. The war in Iraq was a war of aggression. The war in Iraq was illegal. If you believe that legality matters and that the USA should be criticized for violating a law that is in you. If you believe that the USA is wrong to hold the position that they are not bound by international law, that is on you.

Of course I see that you weren’t responding to me - but why would that prevent me from clarifying a position further along in a conversation?

Edit: I apologize for asking if you understand how a conversation works. In reflection that was rude of me.

Happycamper385 t1_j1w3p4m wrote

You are correct I misspoke/mistyped here it should actually be:

>Huh ? I wasn't responding to you I was responding to the person that said you can't criticise The USA here. Which you can do and you they are doing.

But I don't care about the USA or the UN or Iraq I am neither here nor there about anything you said that's why I didn't comment on it. I don't care if you critique the USA or you praise the USA the only thing I do care about is what chubbybellylover888 said which was that you can't criticise The USA here which is not true.

This comment: >"If you look closely my comment did not criticize the USA. It questioned the credulity of the redditor who......"

should have been a reply to this: >Chubbybellylover888:"You can't criticise the US here. Even if its to criticise an unpopular President...."

It shouldn't have been a response to me saying: >You can criticise The USA here you are free to make any critique you like. That doesn't mean people will agree with you.

TheOneEyedWolf t1_j1w497z wrote

I can see how you would interpret the conversation that way.

Happycamper385 t1_j1w8ceo wrote

I'm glad we both now understand each other.

Have a great day !