Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Gyftycf t1_j16rxn7 wrote

Oh great. How right-winged can we go this time around?

locwul t1_j17dfai wrote

As an Israeli trans woman let me phrase it like this: chuckle I'm in danger

Edit: why is this getting downvoted 💀💀

grapehelium t1_j17ljhz wrote

It is NOT my intention to disrespect you, or your choices, or feelings. And so I ask the next questions honestly,

how are you in danger? i.e. What is the next government planning that endangers you?

I understand that the incoming government may not be as supportive of your choices, but how much will they actually change that affects you, and how much of what they change will put you in actual danger, and what sort of danger? (I have heard similar comments, but no specifics/details, and have not yet had the opportunity to ask someone who identifies as part of this group)

locwul t1_j17m03m wrote

One of the far right parties already talking about canceling trans healthcare (in Israel it is known as "The Committee") which is in charge of surgeries, hrt, and the change of the gender mark in trans folks ID. If they get their way and the committee gets out of the general universal healthcare or even demonized it can lead to a lot of problems for trans folks mostly because the general public just don't care enough about trans people here, they just think of them as part of the lgbt community and that's it

magicaldingus t1_j178sqs wrote

It's not looking good, but thankfully the coalition has a pretty slim margin and if I was a betting man I'd have my money on it not lasting that long.

3dio t1_j17z8ox wrote

The upcoming coalition is made mostly of nutjobs with a clear agenda. Headed by a criminally indicted leader and some actual criminals in government

magicaldingus t1_j18l0pk wrote

I wouldn't say mostly, but yeah all those people are definitely included. And is a big reason why I believe it's gonna be an unstable coalition.