Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

PurpleJillybeans t1_j2a11f6 wrote

I don't see what this is supposed to accomplish. Every flight is going to test positive, so then they're right back to screening individual passengers.

badblackguy t1_j2brdrx wrote

It's Malaysia. Pretending to be smart and working is the culture. Source: am Malaysian.

WhatWouldPicardDo t1_j2a24ab wrote

Maybe try to encourage/enforce pre-flight checks..

But yeah, I think at the end of day, you’re right

flamehead2k1 t1_j2be7qx wrote

Identify emerging variants maybe?

sf-keto t1_j2cktg1 wrote

This is certainly useful but not quickly actionable. While testing incoming travelers maybe only reduces spread by 10%, that could be a meaningful number if your health system is falling over, as appears to be happening in some regions now.

Still-WFPB t1_j2chzxv wrote

Qt err'body on the plane when they test positive. Cries in Canadian.

7ipptoe t1_j2a0xzq wrote

I’ll admit my knowledge is probably a few decades out of date, but how are they planning on sanitizing the refuse tank(s) to ensure any sort of accuracy? Last I remember the process to get to the tanks for service and cleaning is not easy nor quick.

RunAwayWithCRJ t1_j2d57hg wrote

RT-PCR is quantitative. It'll be pretty obvious if someone was sick on the current flight.

zerus504 t1_j2a9c1r wrote

I don't know who, but one of you needs more fibre

cencorshipisbad t1_j2d6v1o wrote

And by the time it’s processed the infected tourists will be LONG GONE spreading the new variant.

A competent government would test the infected BEFORE they arrived at the airport to spread it on the flight…

You know the precautions are laughable? Because tourism revenue from PRC tourists pre pandemic was $250 billion worldwide.

That’s right the citizens of our countries who will die and our society’s ravaged by the new epidemic out of China for $$$$. Too bad the people are not more valuable than the money the infected will deposit into the coffers.

aham_brahmasmi t1_j2ar6wk wrote

And if they detect covid in the waste water, what would they do? Are they holding passengers from China at the airport till all tests are done? Are they keeping tabs on who didn't take a dump on the plane?

2seconds2midnight t1_j2b49i8 wrote

I guess it's some kind of counter measure to the likelihood that Chinese nationals may provide fake negative results.

What action they end up taking with the poop information, I have no idea.

MyVoiceIsElevating t1_j2c66iz wrote

What about those that didn’t use the lavatory? Do they have to furnish a stool sample at the gate?

AutoModerator t1_j2a0lpi wrote

Hi giuliomagnifico. Your submission from scmp.com is behind a metered paywall. A metered paywall allows users to view a specific number of articles before requiring paid subscription. Articles posted to /r/worldnews should be accessible to everyone. While your submission was not removed, it has been flaired and users are discouraged from upvoting it or commenting on it. For more information see our wiki page on paywalls. Please try to find another source. If there is no other news site reporting on the story, contact the moderators.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.