Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Mike-Hunt1969 t1_j2andxy wrote

You can find hundreds of articles about how the amazon forest should "belong to the world" and not Brazil, as a matter of fact you probably don't remember that in 2019 Macron and the EU tried to sanction Brazil because of the amazon forest. Going as far as to threaten to block trade, all because they were displeased. They even discussed what should be done about it in a G7 meeting they didn't invite Brazil to, while calling the forest "our home"

https://twitter.com/EmmanuelMacron/status/1164616868080103425

(Also the picture Macron used is like 30y)

Oh, but the EU offered enough money to buy a couple helicopters to patrol an area the size of western europe, I am sure they all care deeply about it.

Maybe you don't notice those kinds of comments but I am brazilian and it is pretty clear that if it was possible to fence out the Amazon most gringos would do it no matter what the cost.

Me0wTTV t1_j2aqghf wrote

Bro I’m American we just want you all to have all your rights and for you not to burn the forest. You seem to be a Bolso guy.

Mike-Hunt1969 t1_j2aukju wrote

> Bro I’m American we just want you all to have all your rights

Not sanctioning us because of wildfire would be a great starts.

> You seem to be a Bolso guy.

Sadly I was forced to vote for him on the second turn (voting in Brazil is mandatory-ish).

−3