Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

history_fan40 t1_j69wolk wrote

I did, though. They’re claiming it’s objectively wrong.

−1

NozE8 t1_j6ao56o wrote

What is your point? The human mind is not capable of being truly objective ergo nothing is truly objective. However in this context the use of the word is acceptable. Murder is wrong. This is a statement of fact and law not one based on feelings. Just because you can find a handful of crazy people that think they should be able to kill someone for any reason in their head doesn't invalidate the claim of objectivity.

You must be fun at parties.

history_fan40 t1_j6btj8m wrote

> Murder is wrong

Not objectively. You say it is a statement of fact and not feeling, yet it is a statement of feeling. Everyone who was born is going to die anyways, so by your reasoning I’m assuming you also consider reproduction wrong? I mean in that case I would agree but for different reasons, but that is irrelevant.

NozE8 t1_j6bzzzx wrote

The human mind is not capable of being truly objective ergo nothing is truly objective as I have said.

In the real world contemporary society has agreed that to function we have a certain set of rules that we agree in a way to be objectively true. Splitting this hair will get you no where.