Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Lopsided-Painter5216 t1_j6o2a78 wrote

I don’t see how this will be beneficial to train them on our systems if the French government doesn’t have the balls to deliver at least a couple of Rafale/Mirage to them very soon.

It’s already a big problem with the Leclerc tanks. Macron is tiptoeing over what to do… it wouldn’t be good to send our tanks to them because that’s another system to learn when they already have the Abrams and leopard on their plate. Now we want to train them on rafales when the F16 are eventually gonna drop? What is Macron doing here exactly?

Either be firm and send shit their way and train them, or give them other stuff like the recent Franco-Italian Samp-T in more quantities. France has been so weak in sending weapons, I’m really ashamed of my country…

ballthyrm t1_j6og5uq wrote

We can send mirage planes, they are being retired. We can't spare any Leclerc though.

Swift_F0x t1_j6oxz36 wrote

Mirage have lower maintenance requirements and would be a good choice for Ukraine. The F-16 has some logistical nightmares like hydrazine powered APUs, but the mirage can and is operated by less capable air forces than Ukraine.