Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

macross1984 t1_j66g0u7 wrote

Hungary is just another pain in the neck for EU. Cutting off further EU funding might be in order.

Shiningtoaster t1_j66l2ho wrote

EU having to go through this circus of hostage situations almost monthly with Orban is major clusterfuck, can we just oust Hungary for good?

MrOOFmanofbelgum t1_j66vkwb wrote

Ousting Orbán would be better

MGMAX t1_j67aylr wrote

Fixing world hunger would be cool to, if we're talking about impossible undertakings

gofundyourself007 t1_j67ldaf wrote

Lol funny you bring that up because we already harvest enough food to resolve that issue. The cia can topple govt’s in SA why can’t they in EU. I’m not saying that’s the best strategy just that it’s not impossible.

−19

pearastic t1_j67p3f4 wrote

I would unironically support the CIA ousting or even killing him at this point. Fucker will keep getting elected until the end of time otherwise, we can't vote him out.

MGMAX t1_j67tmxf wrote

Same as with food to feed everyone on the planet - we already have enough bullets to deal with Orban too, it's just that nobody would do it

gofundyourself007 t1_j6a9j2m wrote

And like I said that was just the thought on the top of my mind. I’m sure there’s less violent or easier options to try first. But if there’s a lot of pressure and Orban is still obstructing it’s easier changing leadership than changing the status of a country in Nato. In both those cases the main thing that is missing is the will to resolve the challenge.

doctor-falafel t1_j67z5z3 wrote

He was democratically elected. Say what you want but some of this is on Hungarians too.

−3

Mend1cant t1_j682puv wrote

But he wasn’t though. He lost the last election

doctor-falafel t1_j683bg0 wrote

Could you expand more? His party got over 54% of all votes.

ZealousidealWash5800 t1_j68c8bg wrote

EU insist that the election was rigged, not by any tangible metric, but by orbans populist rhetoric

Dardlem t1_j69mhgn wrote

Is there anything EU could do about it? Like, declaring him an illegitimate president? Or this has to be handled by Hungarians/opposition?

macross1984 t1_j66n5uc wrote

It is one thing for nation to leave on its accord like Britain but ejecting a country? That will be another first but probably won't happen.