You must log in or register to comment.

[deleted] t1_ja8tgkl wrote

Looks like it could be a potential album cover

katewhytephoto OP t1_ja8xbyz wrote

That would be cool! :)

lIIlllIIlIlIIlI t1_jacos9v wrote

he's right, you know. Looks sick, I hope you're proud

katewhytephoto OP t1_jacpxyi wrote

As I mentioned in another comment, I was having a pretty heavy day and feeling pretty shit about myself when I did it and I’m just amazed by people’s reactions and really touched by how much people like it. ❤️

genmischief t1_jab5qln wrote

Absolutly Symphonic Metal, 100%

[deleted] t1_jab9egi wrote

Duuuuude yes! That’d be fucking awesome

Sidivan t1_jacr0q5 wrote

If Manowar was a modern prog band vibes.

DRtheWIZARD t1_jaax4w8 wrote

Name the genre. I’m guessing power metal or fantasy inspired goth rock.

[deleted] t1_jaaz7mx wrote

Yeah probably power metal. Or like some obscure sub genre in the metal sphere lmao

Everand638 t1_jab55n5 wrote

Ya, looks like an alternate cover for bring me the horizon's album, "there is a hell believe me I've seen it. There is a heaven lets keep it a secret"

kelliwk t1_jabmgap wrote

This album was my first thought.

srfaulk t1_jaafaia wrote

Stunning, but still not a good basis for government

yonlop t1_jab85s9 wrote

Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government.

ryohazuki224 t1_jabya2k wrote

The way some of our governments of the world are running things, maybe we should go back to strange women lying in ponds distributing swords. How much worse can it get??

Sufficient-Nobody-72 t1_jacva0j wrote

Yeah, they would likely choose better rulers. I mean... We dropped the bar to the lowest it could be.

Buster_Brown_513 t1_jack630 wrote

This! Supreme executive power derives from a mandate of the masses! Not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Occma t1_jabrzxl wrote

explaining the meme ruins it.

−3

Vegas_off_the_Strip t1_jab5ok7 wrote

"Hey Dave, I was sorry to hear about your wife's passing. She was so beautiful"

"Thanks man, I told her that there was a reason no one had ever combined their love of pole dancing with a love of razor sharp broadswords but she just wouldn't listen. But I have to admit it, her routine was beautiful while it lasted."

Ksenyans t1_ja8w5kf wrote

Did not expect to see something that cool! Great job!

CB2001 t1_jaa1lfd wrote

Beautiful picture. I now imagine this is how the Lady of the Lake from the King Arthur legend looks. :)

jstrap0 t1_ja9haxk wrote

Most dangerous way to get a Brazilian ever. But seriously, you have some incredible pictures.

Azrealis_bored t1_ja9du1j wrote

I want this as my album cover

momi1601 t1_jabuhtu wrote

And i want music befitting of such an album cover

Azrealis_bored t1_jaev7ht wrote

I’m working on some stuff and hopefully will be done within the year… it’s a process 😭🥲 I’ll maybe post some music to Reddit to see what ya’ll think

NoFapCainISAble t1_ja98lcv wrote

How long did it take to create this?

katewhytephoto OP t1_jab4rgi wrote

Hmmm I want to say maybe 4-5 hours including shooting it. Just bored one night and wanted to do something creative while not spending any money haha. This is kind of a breakdown of the composite

RagingFluffyPanda t1_jabcnbz wrote

So that's not your left leg then? Or is it just a different picture of your left leg that you swapped in?

Super cool finished product in any case!!!

katewhytephoto OP t1_jabe5xx wrote

Yeah, it’s just a different frame from the series I took. The pose is very close, just a little less revealing 😂

gramoun-kal t1_jacfzj8 wrote

Hey thanks. I been wondering what the individual shots looked like. Where the sword from? Stock?

SalomoMaximus t1_jac7qwp wrote

Nice sword.

For a sword this length I would recommend a bigger cross guard, a slightly longer handle, and maybe a second small (cross) guard a bit higher up on the blade. (Google Zweihander/ montante)

katewhytephoto OP t1_jacadfq wrote

I get where you’re coming from but compositionally I think it would break up the clean lines. Cool swords though! Crazy how long they were.

SalomoMaximus t1_jachgnm wrote

Then I would suggest to not extend the sword longer than the leg, it kinda looks weird... Like the sword stops at the knee and continues after the foot. Because the sword symmetrics just suggest a shorter sword

−8

katewhytephoto OP t1_jacqhoa wrote

With all due respect - I’m not a sword expert but I like how it looks this way. There might be a few people with extensive sword knowledge that might disagree but composition is more important than weapon accuracy to me.

SalomoMaximus t1_jacrjj2 wrote

Sure, it's your art

Since you posted it, I assumed you want input....

Something beyond, "oo backed woman hot"

−4

katewhytephoto OP t1_jacs8qc wrote

For sure, people are welcome to offer opinions - I used to be too concerned about others opinions to be honest - at this point in my career, I’m fairly confident in my own work and while I certainly respect other points of view, I won’t always agree with them.

SalomoMaximus t1_jacu6ad wrote

That's absolutely fair.

And the art is gorgeous.

I hope you do well in your career

katewhytephoto OP t1_jacve23 wrote

Thank you so much!! You have impressive sword knowledge! :)

PaintRealistic9818 t1_jaa5r94 wrote

First comment on Reddit. That is the best portrait, photo, piece of art I have ever encountered. Cold yet beautiful. I’m honestly amazed that it moves me the way it does.

katewhytephoto OP t1_jaantep wrote

Wow!! What a compliment! Thank you so much! I was in a bit of a dark place last night when I made it so I’m glad it touches people.

PaintRealistic9818 t1_jab8vo8 wrote

I hope you don’t have to go back to that dark place. But if you do, I hope you share again

throwawaymask01 t1_ja9ifhy wrote

The pictures in your profile made me feel scared of mirrors lol

glitter_sushi t1_ja9m9z0 wrote

Wow this is gorgeous!! Well done😍

luxgirl007 t1_jaaibw1 wrote

I love this! I’s beautiful 😍 great job 👏🏼

apocalypschild t1_ja9jgnu wrote

I can’t get over the amazing gradation of the contrast. Amazing work!!!!

Odd_Student_7313 t1_jaa2739 wrote

This is just a whole different level of talent. Superbly done.

KittyLord0824 t1_jaafiht wrote

I absolutely ADORE this!! I've never seen a self portrait like this!

elev8tionbro t1_jaafpn3 wrote

That's a really awesome photo ! Well done

Weak-Assignment5091 t1_jaaiu0k wrote

It's beautiful!! Where is the right leg though? It kinda confused my brain.

Tigeroovy t1_jaaj6wo wrote

This is beautiful! Very cool. You'd make a real neat Soulsborne boss.

rawmerow t1_jaamfy1 wrote

I don’t usually look at a picture and immediately say “damn…” and stare at it….

Mission accomplished. Well done 👍🏽

JustWow555 t1_jaapqv5 wrote

That's a cool sword you got there.

Oh, and also the art is nice.

h2f t1_jaar003 wrote

As a professional photographer who spent years specializing in shooting models for art and I have to say that this is stunningly good.

gatewayy t1_jaavrt7 wrote

That’s a truly spectacular photo! Where did you find a sword that iconic looking? 😁

utahhiker t1_jaaylmu wrote

This is absolutely stunning. Incredible work. Well done!

tropicsun t1_jab6nsh wrote

Reign Dance is a title I gave it for myself. Nice work

mutherlurker t1_jabau32 wrote

Inspired, I wrote:

Valhalla Rising,

Upon her face is porcelain resistance. Once tender to the touch, now stony in refracted light. Stiff is her gaze reflecting sterner thoughts of judgement and denial. Soft memories they do not serve. Pottery, though hard, is fragile. When struck and struck again she cries tears of gold to fill the cracks. Stronger in their makeup now by chemistry of bondage. Yet through each guilded line shines truth. Sweet beams of soul marks from out her shell. Cry tears of gold, the chosen paths of sadness.

mrgeek2000 t1_jabelxv wrote

Reminds me of a character design concept, where the character everything is very human and muscular, BUT the face is completely blacked out. Almost like staring into an endless void, no matter the lighting, it’s gunna be pitch black

AvaParkerART t1_jabggna wrote

I wish my tits were this perky. My nips touch the goddamn floor

Stanley_Pres t1_jabi2m8 wrote

Beautiful shot. Very dramatic.

masterpainimeanbetty t1_jabik63 wrote

you look like a Magic: the Gathering card.

i'll see myself out.

reflecttcelfer t1_jabjfte wrote

Funny. I clicked on this picture and thought it was well put together, saw a comment talking about the beautiful folks in your profile, went snooping and discovered I commented on another photo of yours a couple of days ago because I liked the composition.

Browsing through your posted work I can say the following confidently:

1. I like your work
  2. You know a whole lot of attractive people and Dylan Playfair knows how to rock a sweater.
  3. Your dad has been photogenic for decades.
  4. You're really, really attractive.
  5. Stanley park streetlights are on this Earth but not of it.

Thanks for posting the stuff you have. It was enjoyable browsing through it.

Seriously, though. That streetlight is something else.

BhinoTL t1_jabuzil wrote

This seems like it would be a cool tattoo for down the abdomen or down the spine. Unfortunately I have both spots taken but wish they weren't for this

_CatLover_ t1_jabvrro wrote

You can tell it's a female photographer as there is actually art going on and not just bare boobs in black and white

ryohazuki224 t1_jaby6or wrote

This is gorgeous!! I love the symmetry of the sword but the asymmetry of the pose!

SirHectorMacDonald t1_jabymn6 wrote

This is such an atmospheric photo. As others have said it would make an excellent album cover. I went through a lot of your photos and you’re definitely very talented and have an excellent eye for composition.

shflarion t1_jac8c1u wrote

There is something incredibly sexy about this. Something about the fusion of textures, symbolism and mystery.

From hardened steal, to skin/flesh, to the airy/silky flow of the fabric.

The masculine symbolism behind the pointed blade combined with the female body and curves.

Then the fact that everything is equally revealing but also shrouded in mystery.

Also the contrast between light, dark and shiny bright.

This is incredible. I love it. Welll done.

​

Also, that is a huge sword. - someone will probably make a hoke about this. -_-

DragonRocks69 t1_jac9jsb wrote

Not gonna lie, I saw the NSFW tag and I thought this was again going to be one of those nude baseless photographs but then I looked at the photo and I was like damn! That looks so good

Dark_Marmot t1_jachfdo wrote

I feel like this should be the sculptureal hood ornament of an expensive 1940s car.

El_Scribello t1_jacj21a wrote

This is such a striking image, wow! I love your art.

worldbeatboy t1_jacmken wrote

I rarely ever comment on things on the Internet. Rarely like almost never. But this image is spectacular. No, it's more than that. It's perfect. Thx. I shall look at it many times.

ledchukr t1_jacmt93 wrote

Where did you get the sword

Kasper1000 t1_jacqbgl wrote

This literally made my jaw drop. Absolutely breathtaking, it’s been a long time since I’ve had such a reaction to any photograph.

VenomSnake616 t1_jadtc7b wrote

Wow amazing, it Will be awesone un color 🎨🖌️🖼️

With a red scarf ♥️♦️🚩

Dinrik t1_jabh1kj wrote

I’m happy you photoshopped your nips out that was a classy move 🫶. Definitely could be a sick album cover.

terroristbomb t1_jab1b1n wrote

So how many creepy PMs have you gotten so far?? lol Beautiful, btw.

−1

5P3C7RE t1_ja9l1wa wrote

I don't believe that sword is real and is heart breaking

−4

MMApartyeveronesinvt t1_jabqj0g wrote

2023 Narcissist generation. All art is of the artist themselves. Upvotes on reddit for nudity. Great

−7

katewhytephoto OP t1_jac3oa9 wrote

Lol, no. All of my art most definitely is not just of myself. Self portraits have been around for pretty much as long as art has existed though.