Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

AutoModerator t1_jeh0g9u wrote

Attention! [Serious] Tag Notice

Posts that have few relevant answers within the first hour, and posts that are not appropriate for the [Serious] tag will be removed. Consider doing an AMA request instead.

Thanks for your cooperation and enjoy the discussion!

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

Total-Green-7797 t1_jeh0lhe wrote

Time flies, we all change. Nice to see you again after so long.

SugarGlitterkiss t1_jeh0ops wrote

Is this something you're anticipating? Lol

Just have a conversation.

whatcanitellyaboy OP t1_jeh12c4 wrote

Currently dealing with. I’ve been polite, firm but kind and I’m not getting anywhere. It’s as if this person stood still in time the last 40+ years and won’t see things any other way. With me at least. Very frustrating

SugarGlitterkiss t1_jeh3xy6 wrote

It's not like you have to convince them of anything, or even really discuss it if you don't want to. Stick to the general, "We're not teenagers anymore", "Obviously I've changed since I was a kid", "Time moves on", or even just, "LOL, no." Then change the subject.

PolarBear374665 t1_jeh27aw wrote

It really somewhat depends on the dynamics of the relationship (then and now). But, generically, if they are trying to get you to engage in behaviors you not longer find interesting or acceptable, something along the lines of “I’ve changed a lot since you last knew me and no longer do (fill in the blank)”.

whatcanitellyaboy OP t1_jeh513b wrote

Not engaging in behaviors, more along the lines of she knows me. Knows my type, etc. wanting to label me a certain way that’s not who I am at all. Not even close. And no, they’re not particularly good or nice labels.

fuckin69er t1_jeh2aa8 wrote

Well, I'm not the same person I was 45 years ago, but my hair might still look the same... ha-ha get it? '45' years?!