Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

golden226 t1_j2fnu2v wrote

Relax for the first time in my life lol

Interesting_Bug9308 t1_j2flrtt wrote

First thing i’m doing is buying a house!

Carbonatite t1_j2fpli3 wrote

I'd pay off my house and student loans. Probably loans first though, my mortgage rate is like half my student loan interest rate.

doggo_is_good_thanks t1_j2flsry wrote

Buy a dog

StupidNCrazy t1_j2flv9l wrote

Start fixing lives. I fantasize about it a lot. I could make so much better for so many people I know and all it would take is money.

bonjelascott t1_j2fm8gh wrote

just start paying off everyones debts i could and getting food and heat for folks i think

throwaway_0x90 t1_j2fm05e wrote

Give half to wife, the other half share some with immediately family and a few close friends. Buy a house, invest the rest such that it generates enough monthly income for me not to need a full-time job.

refugee1971 t1_j2fpqs3 wrote

Buying a house on a property that could accommodate a moat. Maybe 2 moats.

HayTX t1_j2frece wrote

Paying off debts and buying a big ass farm to go in more debt cause the easiest way to make a million farming is to start out with 3 million.

TinCanMan27 t1_j2fmrsl wrote

nothing. i would continue life as it is, maybe be a little more generous with my money spending.

violetslyvester t1_j2foinm wrote

Set up the speedwagon foundation, but for cosplayer’s, artists, etc

Edit: removed unnecessary and before artists

MagicMarshmelllow t1_j2fmcwf wrote

Buy suit, a fur coat, some bling, and a 1970’s Cadillac ElDorado in candy green. Then I’d pull up to my job with a homeboy and a couple of hoes and tell my boss I quit.

Hellfire_scor920 t1_j2fnc8j wrote

Well first i would try n see if its real or im just dreaming and then start just trying to save the money or start a business

Aterakel t1_j2fnf33 wrote

I'd create a studio to produce my own works

And_now_2022 t1_j2fnfwo wrote

Quit my job. Take my parents on a dream vacation. They’re older and getting to the point where regular travel would be more difficult. I would love to take them on a once in a lifetime trip in complete luxury.

SlamHamwitch t1_j2fnh3y wrote

Buy my dream guns, buy a modest but roomie enough house, put a good chunk in an emergency fund, and wisely invest the rest.

DevyDev666 t1_j2fnmfj wrote

Use it to help others and charity after making sure my family is taken care of. Other than some traveling, I don't want a bunch of big toys and luxury cars. Once my family is financially secure (Give them a million each), Id find non profits to give to and help pay for affordable housing projects. Depending how rich we're talking, I'd like to house as many homeless people as possible.

BuildingRelevant7400 t1_j2fno7e wrote

Be as generous as I've always wanted to be but cannot because I'm poor.

PerformanceNo3802 t1_j2fo2pv wrote

Buy a very large island and declare myself dead, that way I could survive and live out my life in peace.

Cantsleepforever1 t1_j2fo9bh wrote

Buy a house and pay for all the tests i need to figure out whats wrong with me. Health problems suck

ClayWatt t1_j2fobpt wrote

Maybe buy a house, but other than that put money into savings and live off of the interest each month. Knowing I'd never have to work again would be the ultimate motivation to not blow it all in a short amount of time.

MellowTigger t1_j2fokcl wrote

House repairs. How much money? Maybe just rebuild. 100 years was a good run, but energy efficiency is a thing now.

cutie_chipmunk OP t1_j2fostl wrote

1 million💰

MellowTigger t1_j2fszmf wrote

Oh, much more than enough to rebuild a small house like this. It would be nice to have a seal against the cold Minnesota winter, and no more box elder bugs pooping over everything. LOL

ga30022 t1_j2foldj wrote

Take a year off to focus on mental health, getting in shape and eating better.

AMWills10 t1_j2fomgr wrote

Buy a plot of land and design and build my dream house and a new Jeep Wrangler (weird for a dream car, I know)

borrachit0 t1_j2fop81 wrote

Quit my job and move to another state

SweetEmmaG t1_j2foqxd wrote

Support my family and make sure they get what they need first, then buy what I need for myself and save the rest.

Any-Presence-6482 t1_j2forl3 wrote

Not change anything right away. Rich is a relative term and not something that would be guaranteed to be a permanent situation. I might start looking for a newer car (although probably not brand new) and start looking to find a house instead of living in an apartment.

Brobotz t1_j2fotpn wrote

Hire a damn good accountant, financial advisor, and attorney in that order so I’m set up for the rest of my life.

Elo-Ka t1_j2fozeu wrote

What you mean by rich?

cutie_chipmunk OP t1_j2fp22x wrote

1 million 💸💸💸

Elo-Ka t1_j2fp8vg wrote

Buy homes and rent them out on people who worke but live in there cars or are completly homeless

DeadOfNight1945 t1_j2fozut wrote

I probably would pay off debts but otherwise not do much differently at first. I'd be looking at a lot of options of how deal with this situation, prioritizing long-term stability for my family but also charity.

brocalmotion t1_j2fpa43 wrote

Buy a house! Buy a Porsche! Buy a trip to Amsterdam!

royalpyroz t1_j2fpngx wrote

Pay off debt. Secure future with real estate

miscellaneous5019 t1_j2fpnlf wrote

Suddenly become not so rich after a few years probably

feral_philosopher t1_j2fprow wrote

I've thought about this A LOT. I wouldn't tell me wife (because she would betray herself and tell her fucking sisters). I would play it cool, I would keep working at my shitty job and just be cool. Meanwhile... I would hire two different financial advisors, and I would tell them that I need to double my earnings. Meanwhile, at work I would act and respond with my most honest and truthful voice, the voice that I spend my entire career suffocating for fear of retaliation, especially now in the current woke cult that has captured the minds of seemingly every damn corporation in the free world.

FaithlessnessOk7939 t1_j2fpv57 wrote

buy a house in the city i live in, quit my job, go grocery shopping and stock my kitchen up, pay my bills

Upbeat-Holiday-7858 t1_j2fpzdz wrote

Honestly probably just take a day off getting high and tugging it. Relax and game and then tackle the rest later

frank-sarno t1_j2fq286 wrote

No joke, I would build my laboratory without compromise.

In my current lab I had to compromise on the everything from the furniture to the power runs to the equipment. The equipment is clustered around two main stations but this is confining as I would prefer to separate soldering station from assembly station from testing station. And it's all too close and confining which makes it feel like I'm working in a hall closet.

Give me space, lots of space, under 6000K LEDs above. Don't fence me in.

jobo633 t1_j2fq2vg wrote

I have to work in the morning so probably sleep?

neek0_Suave t1_j2fqgwv wrote

Pay off my student loans, buy a home, book a summer getaway, then get right back to work doing what I’m already doing

epyllionard t1_j2fqh7y wrote

My kids used to ask me what I would do if I won a lot of money in the lottery. They were never satisfied with my answer:

"I'd go get a cup of coffee and think about it."

(This really is unsatisfactory to a seven-year-old)

katcomesback t1_j2fqheh wrote

buy a house with property, stock up on hay/feed/shavings and actually get to ride

SmolSpaceExplorer t1_j2fqnrz wrote

After lawyering up, getting a financial advisor, etc... I would get some lipo.

howsitgoin_eh t1_j2fqsif wrote

I’d buy you a green dress, but not a real green dress, that’s cruel.

AnomalyCroissant t1_j2fqu9a wrote

Nothing. Not gonna tell anybody, not gonna go on an immediate shopping spree. I’m just gonna buy whatever I need to, sit on the cash and be set for life.

fernorilo t1_j2frewz wrote

Secure this new wealth so i won't NEED to work anymore.

efrum-aul t1_j2frv10 wrote

Drive to a big city, get a hotel, call a couple big time lawyers and big time financial advisors, figure out how to sustain that wealth, then finally have fun with it. Would probably travel the world for a bit.

Whitemamba8124 t1_j2fryli wrote

Buy a nice little RV type vehicle and start traveling.

ccices t1_j2fs5n1 wrote

Meet all my family that calls

rscottyb86 t1_j2fu8sr wrote

Tip the good servers really well

Capn_Grammar t1_j2funlx wrote

I would invest half of it in low-risk mutual funds and then take the other half over to my friend Asadulah, who works in securities.

Veckot_ t1_j2fv20z wrote

Become top g

LogianoPiano t1_j2fv7m4 wrote

Donate the money to homeless shelters and buy a decent home and a good car. Invest some in something with good stock this year, and buy an at home gym set so the bros and I have our lien personal gym

gennnk t1_j2fvbjx wrote

Spoil my boyfriend. He’s done a lot for me. I haven’t been the greatest girlfriend because of trauma.

Redararis t1_j2fwbx2 wrote

The important thing is not what i would do but what the others would start doing around me.

MysteriousRoots t1_j2fx4om wrote

Buy a house in the mountains with plenty of land.