Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

oldenuff2know t1_jatmngp wrote

I'm a fan of rubber brooms. They're great on hardwood, tile and lino. Easy to clean if you get dust bunnies hung up in them or sweep thru something wet. Washable. Great on pet hair on hard flooring and carpet.

SummerJaneG t1_jatoj76 wrote

They PULL pet hair from carpet, bedspreads, clothing, cat trees…you name it! Also pick up every bit of lint and sand from the floor.

zazarinrac t1_jatrnzh wrote

Thanks! I didn’t even know those were a thing!

oldenuff2know t1_jattwe4 wrote

They're all over Amazon and probably Home Depot and other stores as well. The only brand I've ever purchased was YellowTop. They were advertised on some home shopping thing (QVC maybe?) 20 or so years ago. We got 2 brooms and the hand brush all still going strong. The one we use outside probably needs to be replaced because it gets used on concrete a lot. We like this brand because of the flat squeege blade on one side.

The quality of their product was good 20 years ago and I'm guessing it still is since they're still around.

who-are-we-anyway t1_jauqii8 wrote

They're awesome! I really can't recommend them enough for anyone with pets, they're great for anyone really but especially those dealing with pet hair. I bought one off Amazon for my mom 6 years ago, 2 years ago when I lived with my dad I also bought him one, and then I bought myself one when I moved on my own. I bought one called the FURemover off Amazon and all three are still going strong!

purrrreeto t1_jauwv5x wrote

Are these good for crumbs and small debris or mostly just pet hair?

oldenuff2know t1_jawoedb wrote

I think they’re better for stuff like than than a regular straw broom.

Tiggertots t1_jazv25h wrote

Yesssss rubber brooms are amazing. I have used mine to scrub my tub also.