Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

ballpark89 t1_jebda5y wrote

I thought that color of camo was only worn by Master P and the No Limit soldiers.

nerull1252 OP t1_jebgbei wrote

Bro you got me dying over here and bringing back memories of WCW. But for real I'm sure the army has better urban camo now.

RogerPackinrod t1_jec3ive wrote

Not the US army I assume

nerull1252 OP t1_jec4y6r wrote

He was, eventually got stationed in Germany,(where he got this jacket) I forget where he originally deployed at but it he wore jungle camo.

Imaneetboy t1_jecbf63 wrote

I mean he might've bought it when he was in the service but that was never standard issue.

nerull1252 OP t1_jecd2d2 wrote

From what he told me was given it when he was restationed in Germany for a time.

GolokGolokGolok t1_jece65i wrote

Do you know what he did in Germany? Like others are pointing out it’s a non-standard item.

I’ve been issued non-standard uniforms for weird jobs, so I’m not inclined to automatically write you off, but it had to have been something unordinary

nerull1252 OP t1_jecga14 wrote

Honestly I have no idea besides being an army engineer once he got restationed. I wish I could ask him all these questions but unfortunately he is no longer with us short of using a quija... even then knowing my uncle it would have to government approved

Its_me_Snitches t1_jed5e27 wrote

Check out the clothing label OP posted in the comments. It doesn’t have identification numbers like modern gear, but I will say it does have a similar look to it. The NATO sizing on the label is interesting.

dicemonkey t1_jedw58y wrote

That camo didn’t exist in the 70’s mid 80’s at the oldest probably closer to 90’s make …And I don’t think it was ever Army issue….I think he’s pulling your leg

WZNGT t1_jedd5hf wrote

Hm, US Woodland camo doesn't seemed to have entered service until 1981? The pattern is an enlarged version of the earlier ERDL pattern but this one doesn't appears small enough to be ERDL I think.

bambeenz t1_ject07h wrote

That's a sweet gift

SirRavenTheFourth t1_jef5sjo wrote

It's definitely not from the 70s as you can see the stock number has 01 for the year. But it does look like a prototype urban camo that was based on the m81 woodland pattern, you are very lucky as this is an extremely rare jacket.

More info in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SR3B5m35NE

McBleezy8 t1_jed7p2p wrote

That’s a dope jacket

noneofyourinfo56 t1_jee28r4 wrote

The fact that it has a hood makes me believe it was a early version on MOPP gear. Mission oriented protective posture or chemical protection.

johanvondoogiedorf t1_jedqf7v wrote

Get one that looks just like it and cut the sleeves off and wear it around him just to see what he says