Submitted by janicewa t3_y0452k in BuyItForLife

I have a pair of blon-03 IEM, and somehow only one side has sound now. The cable, which might broken, costs more than a new pair of cheap Chinese KZ IEMs.

I only plan to use them only during sleeping. budget $50.

Update: got the replacement cable.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Swimming_Badger760 t1_irqck2d wrote

MusiCozy sleep headphones. More comfortable bc they don't go inside your ears

majrBuzzkill t1_irpyyxj wrote

I would suggest upping your budget a bit and getting a good pair of wireless earbuds or headphones.

I get it, it's a big investment. But with wired headphones, you'll be back to listening on one ear sometime in the future. Most of the time one side goes out, it is because the wire frayed inside the outer casing after days or weeks or friction. You avoid this friction with wireless earphones/headphones.

I had a set of wired headphones that I loved, but I spent $25 every 4-5 months replacing them after one side stopped working.

I upped my budget to $75, got a pair of wireless headphones from a well known manufacturer that specializes in audio quality, and I am going on 2 years on those. The audio call quality is far better than my previous headphones, and they're still going strong.

thegroundbelowme t1_irs6pb4 wrote

The problem with wireless earbuds is that they're almost never small enough to be comfortable when laying on your side.

majrBuzzkill t1_irs8t0r wrote

That's a fair critique for most earbuds.

But this person is using headphones currently. If they had an issue lying on their side with headphones, they wouldn't be looking for headphones again. No matter how big earbuds are, they're almost guaranteed to be smaller than headphones.

thegroundbelowme t1_irskagp wrote

I think they may have been using headphones as a catch-all term. But regardless, there are headphones that are specifically designed for sleeping in. They typically use very flat drivers sewn into an elastic headband.

spizzywinktom t1_irq1e6y wrote

I've slept with earbuds since 2005 and, the best I've found for sleeping comfort is the iPhone earbuds or the regular airpods.

cyclepath9 t1_irtgbf1 wrote

Regular AirPods are so good. I lost mine and got pros to replace them because my job is really loud. Idk if it’s my ears or what but they are so uncomfortable and they don’t stay in like they should. I’ve fallen asleep in them several times and they always fall out and get lost in my blankets. Regular AirPods are the way to go for this.

spizzywinktom t1_irtm7x8 wrote

I'm with you. The pros I use when I need noise cancellation, like in my carpentry shop or flying. The regular ones are my sleep buddies

Brochiko t1_is5za6h wrote

This one is really dependent on the shape of your ear. The apple style earbuds always hurt my ears after an hour or two. The ones that don't are the regular silicone inserts.

Dear-me113 t1_irqww03 wrote

I use acoustic sheep headphones for sleeping. They are designed for sleeping so they are flat and on a headband. They are definitely not BuyItForLife and they are over your budget, but they are the only ones that have worked for me.

Bud_Johnson t1_irrkv2p wrote

If all youre doing is sleeping then why not get some cheap kz iems then? Maybe something with a detachable cable?

ButtMassager t1_irt73jr wrote

1More Comfobudz Z are earbuds made for side sleeping. I've used them for about a year and they're great. Charge every three days or so. They're the only earbuds I found that I can sleep on my side with no issues and play whatever music or podcasts I want, no proprietary app required.

Heavy-Week5518 t1_isupl7g wrote

Try Goojodoq bluetooth sleep headphones, $29 Amazon. I went thru the process looking for sleep comfortable headphones & these are the best i used. I can wear them all night without that headache feeling. The ear pieces are thin enough to lay on your side without being noticeable. That is the thing that makes them stand out. Sound quality is ok, after all my goal is to fall asleep & stay asleep rather than appreciate music for hours. These are very light & look fragile but i have used them most nights since i got them August of 2021 & they have held up just fine. For the price its worth a try

ashtonlaszlo t1_irpxhxu wrote

Why would it matter if both sides work if you’re not conscious for listening to them anyway?

I’m really not trying to be rude. I’m genuinely curious.

joelnesmith t1_irpxn3t wrote

I assume it’s the part before sleeping where it would matter

ivanthemute t1_irpy6p8 wrote

Wouldn't a quality external speaker be better for that then?

joelnesmith t1_irpyyu3 wrote

Maybe! Probably a specific reason though. Maybe a partner or to drown out some local noise

mrturtleballs t1_irqi1cb wrote

If one ear is on a pillow it sounds kinda weird, it's why I sleep with headphones.

ivanthemute t1_irqxax6 wrote

That's fair. I'm a side sleeper myself, so I can see (hear?) where you're coming from.