Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

bigwebs t1_ismd8dh wrote

I think you’ll actually have better luck with an aurora series bag (I personally think the stealths are just overkill when factoring in their weight). Similar construction to the stealth but ABS plastic instead of the steel cage structure. Bearings are same used in skateboard/roller blade wheels, so you can drop in which ever ABEC spec bearing you prefer. Steel axels. Heavy duty riveting. The bag can be completely dissembled with common tools. The bag structure is sturdy enough to modify for attachment points.

Source - am pilot. Had this bag for 10 years so far.

goldenrosebloom t1_isnce96 wrote

I second this! I'm a flight attendant and I switched from TravelPro to the Luggage Works Aurora. It's sleek, the pockets are super useful, and the construction is great. The best part is that some of the sizes have cup/bottle holders and that was a game changer for me as someone who always has a water bottle on hand. The steel frame Luggage Works is going to be way too heavy for everyday passengers to pack. Plus if you want to check it, you may have to pay extra if your bag is too heavy, and if you're starting out with a 15lb bag, you won't have much room to play with. TravelPro is good too but they tend to be bulky and I've seen many of them break. I hear Briggs & Riley are great, but they are much more expensive than the Luggage Works.