Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

J3ttf OP t1_itplia1 wrote

Very easy as I’m familiar with them and they’re easy to work on. I remove all plastic parts and put them in the dishwasher then polish them. As for the electrics I just checked over the brushes and bearings and give everything a good clean! I bought a new filter and a genuine tool kit for it as well to give it new performance

RS_Skywalker t1_itq6two wrote

Are their bags loaded with proprietary gizmos/gaskets/connectors? Dealing with that decades ago turned me off of bagged vacuums.

J3ttf OP t1_itq79m3 wrote

RS_Skywalker t1_itq7w01 wrote

That's nice. What's the quality of the filter like? Are they cleanable and reusable or do you have to buy new ones?

J3ttf OP t1_itq8587 wrote

It’s fairly thick and in conjunction with the HEPA bags it doesn’t really get dirty. They also do a proper HEPA model for allergy sufferers

J3ttf OP t1_itq88p8 wrote

Oh and to clean them you can remove the black plastic piece and chuck it in the wash on a low heat setting, they don’t recommend it but I’ve never had any issues.

kaptoo t1_iudvac1 wrote

I have a Henry that works but gives off a bad smell. I was ready to throw it out but you’ve given me hope. Could I dm you for advice on the refurbishing process?

J3ttf OP t1_iue2kue wrote

Sure, but I can give you some advice now! Buy a new filter (about £10 off Amazon, less on eBay) and get some vacuum fresheners. My favourite brand are discs and come in a really ‘80s box, I’ll try and find a link :)

EDIT: Vacuum fresheners

Superdudeo t1_ittxw78 wrote

If they’re indestructible then you wouldn’t need to refurbish surely?

J3ttf OP t1_itu04sa wrote

I’m selling them on eBay, it’d be pretty awful of me to sell a dirty vacuum