Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

frankslastdoughnut t1_iu3x7l1 wrote

Cordless tech on vacuums ain't there yet unfortunately.

I will never not recommend Kirby for vacuum bifl. Have one from the eighties still out performing everything

riknor t1_iu4hp2i wrote

What about it isn’t there yet? I’ve had a cordless Dyson for five years and it’s amazing. Never ever ever going back to an old school wired monster, the difference in convenience is night and day.

frankslastdoughnut t1_iu4nr3h wrote

Never had much luck with cordless and pet hair

riknor t1_iu50fpz wrote

Understandable. My Siberian cat disagrees though.

thatgirlinny t1_iu5fnrh wrote

I have a Dyson V12 and a pug that sheds year-round. Love the V12, and have bought a lot of the accessories to use as a smaller hand-held that make it super versatile.

frankslastdoughnut t1_iu8qegp wrote

Alright then. Granted it's been a couple of years so I'll have to look into that. Thanks

thatgirlinny t1_iua43kp wrote

The Dysons indicated for pet hair deliver. My husband had the old upright for years with his Huskie. We only got rid of it because I had my Miele coming into the marriage, and he no longer had the Huskie. We bought the Dyson V to keep my mother’s house tidy from all her grandpuppies, and it continues to deliver 2 years hence.

festiemeow t1_iu50u5r wrote

Kirby is the best vac out there. My parents still use the one they bought in the 80s and it’s a champ.

I have an Electrolux from the late 80’s that I still use. It’s much less effective than the Kirby (less suction power) but it’s nowhere close to breaking down

probablyatargaryen t1_iu5fizl wrote

I’m surprised I don’t see Kirby mentioned here more often. I bought mine 10 years ago because my grandmother still had one from the ‘60s. Both vacuums still work fine.

I do understand that folks can be turned off by their shady sales tactics, though. I’d recommend buying one online or in an authorized retailer before letting their rep into your home