Submitted by FeelThisMoment t3_yma5hv in BuyItForLife

I work a job with 12 hour shifts. I'm looking to buy a container and/or a bottle (they can be two separate products) that will reliably keep food and drink (e.g. coffee/tea) hot over a 12 hour period. I know a place that's having Yeti on sale but I don't think they're the best product out there (correct me if I'm wrong).

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Hold_Effective t1_iv5tr98 wrote

Zojirushi mugs are the best I’ve found. When I forget my coffee, it’s not even cold the next day.

Faeglantina t1_iv9m2ob wrote

Yes. I also love how easy the thermos lid/spout is to clean. They are very durable too.

dongledangler420 t1_ivpjd5w wrote

These are almost too powerful for me - I have to plan my Zojirushi mug to have my afternoon coffee after letting it sit open for a few hours 😂😂😂

imgoinglobal t1_iv5ubij wrote

Hydro flask makes containers that can do this in all sorts of shapes and sizes. They use pretty solid vacuum insulation to pull it off. My first hydro flask I was using to keep ice water in when I was working in Kuwait, I left it outside in the 120 degree sun for 6 hours and then when I found it, the outside was too hot to touch, but there was still ice in the bottle.

They also work excellently in the opposite direction.

BogBabe t1_iv5wcg3 wrote

I replaced an ancient Thermos with a newer one, and I was shocked — shocked, I say! — at how long the new Thermos keeps my coffee hot. Yes, hot enough even 12 hours later.

AndMarmaladeSkies t1_iv5xvr2 wrote

I keep a running tally of naughty/nice to decide which kid is going to inherit my 30 year old Stanley thermos /s but seriously it will last that long and works great

SrBello t1_iv8x7ux wrote

Stanley master series holds 40oz and a Zojirushi 16oz are a good combo. And oXo makes spill proof containers that can hold your creamer, they won’t keep it cold tho.

The key to any insulated container is pre heating before hand with hot hot water for as long as possible before the coffee goes in.

AmberRosin t1_iv9htew wrote

Key note is that Stanley’s master series bottles are made with considerably thicker steel, I’d compare them to the vintage Stanley bottles.

SrBello t1_ivaqm5v wrote

It’s been great since I bought it. 50% off for the green color every few months

FeelThisMoment OP t1_ivc1svt wrote

After doing some more research I ended up buying a Stanley bottle (for coffee/tea) and a food jar (for hot foods). Thanks!

ReluctantChimera t1_iv60beu wrote

I prefer Rtic over Yeti. I haven't found anything that beats it yet.

Rundiggity t1_iv62o54 wrote

Fellow brand keeps my coffee hot til the next day.

jijijojijijijio t1_ivhajej wrote

Kleen kanteen is an amazing brand. It keeps cold 24h and warm 12-16h.

Adventurous_Train876 t1_iwpegd1 wrote

I really love my Yeti products. Ive been buying the for about 6 years now