Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

triumphrid3rone t1_iv3tog5 wrote

I’ve had two pairs. They are not made in the USA and they don’t last in construction work. That being said, they are great boots and I wish they were more durable.

TheAtheistReverend OP t1_iv41oet wrote

The older pair was my first ever Danner boot, and though I haven't worked construction in 20 years, they've held up to daily wear, hiking/backpacking, and working around the house, garage and yard. I beat on them pretty hard and find them a good balance for most things while remaining very comfortable and water proof. I'm curious if you have a suggestion for a boot that's as comfortable but more durable? I have no doubt they're out there, I have never worn much for boots outside of hiking boots or Red Wings, at least that i can think of off the top of my head.

triumphrid3rone t1_iv46igz wrote

I’ve made it out of construction and into maintenance and I’m currently wearing keens. These aren’t bad boots I bought two pair and they do perform. I just can’t fully endorse them. Generally I’d give a solid B.

TheAtheistReverend OP t1_iv48dhj wrote

I looked at a pair of Keens today. I've owned one pair of keen sandals i bought only because I'd never owned sandals of that style at the time, they were on super-sale, and i had heard good things about the brand. Still have them and love them. Today i saw a nice and tough looking boot in the Keens but they didn't have my size in stock which is why I went with the Danner. I have a low tolerance for decision making without good info, but i would've bought the Keens for half the price of the Danner if they felt good.

Teflaro t1_iv5wlau wrote

I bought a pair of keen boots. They are comfortable and broke in fast. I hiked for a week in them. Maybe 60 miles? I don’t think they’ll last another 60 miles

Snoo-48637 t1_iv4nmtw wrote

What do you recommend for Construction boots? I currently have Keens but they haven’t held up and I’m not satisfied.

aneeta96 t1_iv4sxka wrote

They sell an American made version as well. A little more expensive.

I don't work construction so I went with the cheaper version. I'm well over six years into them.

hdbdbdhdnd t1_iv4ky5e wrote

Yeah my first construction boots were Daner. They were supposed to be leather but when I put mink oil on it it got a tattered look. Degraded fast from there and really messed my feet up. I’ve had better luck with wolverines or whatever the wolf brand is

SixFootTurkey_ t1_iv9s14a wrote

Danner has quite a few product lines still made in USA (Berry Complaint, even) but even the imported pair I've been wearing in construction work for the past year is doing alright.