Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

triumphrid3rone t1_iv3tog5 wrote

I’ve had two pairs. They are not made in the USA and they don’t last in construction work. That being said, they are great boots and I wish they were more durable.

TheAtheistReverend OP t1_iv41oet wrote

The older pair was my first ever Danner boot, and though I haven't worked construction in 20 years, they've held up to daily wear, hiking/backpacking, and working around the house, garage and yard. I beat on them pretty hard and find them a good balance for most things while remaining very comfortable and water proof. I'm curious if you have a suggestion for a boot that's as comfortable but more durable? I have no doubt they're out there, I have never worn much for boots outside of hiking boots or Red Wings, at least that i can think of off the top of my head.

triumphrid3rone t1_iv46igz wrote

I’ve made it out of construction and into maintenance and I’m currently wearing keens. These aren’t bad boots I bought two pair and they do perform. I just can’t fully endorse them. Generally I’d give a solid B.

TheAtheistReverend OP t1_iv48dhj wrote

I looked at a pair of Keens today. I've owned one pair of keen sandals i bought only because I'd never owned sandals of that style at the time, they were on super-sale, and i had heard good things about the brand. Still have them and love them. Today i saw a nice and tough looking boot in the Keens but they didn't have my size in stock which is why I went with the Danner. I have a low tolerance for decision making without good info, but i would've bought the Keens for half the price of the Danner if they felt good.

Teflaro t1_iv5wlau wrote

I bought a pair of keen boots. They are comfortable and broke in fast. I hiked for a week in them. Maybe 60 miles? I don’t think they’ll last another 60 miles

Snoo-48637 t1_iv4nmtw wrote

What do you recommend for Construction boots? I currently have Keens but they haven’t held up and I’m not satisfied.

aneeta96 t1_iv4sxka wrote

They sell an American made version as well. A little more expensive.

I don't work construction so I went with the cheaper version. I'm well over six years into them.

hdbdbdhdnd t1_iv4ky5e wrote

Yeah my first construction boots were Daner. They were supposed to be leather but when I put mink oil on it it got a tattered look. Degraded fast from there and really messed my feet up. I’ve had better luck with wolverines or whatever the wolf brand is

SixFootTurkey_ t1_iv9s14a wrote

Danner has quite a few product lines still made in USA (Berry Complaint, even) but even the imported pair I've been wearing in construction work for the past year is doing alright.

PositiveArm t1_iv3yf0b wrote

I also have a pair. Can't comment on durability, but they're very comfortable and look sharp.

BlackEyedAngel01 t1_iv3sqjx wrote

Nice boots. I have a Danner wallet. Its small, just holds id and a few cards, perfect size

Flat-Sun-5134 t1_iv55yav wrote

My partner is a service technician. The only boots he has had hold up are Timberland Boondocks.

Potential_Wave_3662 t1_iv3ukg5 wrote

I'm planning on buying boots for the Boston Winter. Some people recommended me Danner boots. Other recommended me Sorel and L. L. Bean. Which brand and model do you think would be good?

BusLandBoat t1_iv3xqnq wrote

Sorel, if you want to lay down in a snow bank for a few hours.

Potential_Wave_3662 t1_iv3z4qr wrote

Do you recommend any model in particular?

BusLandBoat t1_iv5nm6j wrote

The Caribou is the most burly booth they seem to offer, it looks like a good boot but I'd definitely recommend trying first, my Sorel boots are like moon boots haha. I only use them occasionally as they move around quite a bit on my feet unless I wear extra socks, which is part of the design but it's serious overkill lol

Dr---Strangelove t1_iwcfsox wrote

It's a great boot, but has a "sloppy" heal. Some people like their foot sliding around. Others don't.

BusLandBoat t1_iwcpm8v wrote

I like my foot feeling secure, a length of velcro is great for this, just wrap it snuggly around the ankle of the boot after you tie the laces, it helps keep your foot in place.

mnfimo t1_iv58gwt wrote

I love my danner mountain 600 boots. They’ve served me well in the past 3 Minnesota winters