Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

TimLikesPi t1_ivjxou4 wrote

I switched to Dearborn Denim after searching for Levi's replacements. I vastly prefer the 100% cotton ones- 100% cotton 13oz denim sourced in Mexico. I have tried some of the stretch denim and it is just not my cup of tea.

wordofmouthrevisited t1_ivk6a4g wrote

I second this. I get 1000+ wears out of each pair of Dearborn. I have not had splitting or wearing like I got with other brands. I have not worth through/worn out any pair in 6 years. I do have a pair that are getting pretty shapeless after 1000+ wears and maybe 200 times through the wash. I hang them to dry but otherwise no special care.

WelcomingRapier t1_ivkeyst wrote

Yep. I have replaced most every pair of jeans with Dearborn Denim. I don't work in a job that wears them down (especially in the knees) as quickly any longer, but their tailored fit cut is absolutely stellar. I also like that they don't overload their jeans with 'decorative' features with absolutely no function.

ahirzel t1_ivl2mpe wrote

I have a buddy who wears Dearborn. I've probably said 'those are nice jeans. where are they from?' like 10 times. The last time he said 'I only wear Dearborn denim now....' so that's a pretty good endorsement.