Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

mike_pants t1_ixaxirb wrote

I thought it was filthy af until I saw it was a reflection.

We got a Breville Smart Oven Pro three years ago, and since we got it, we've used our regular-sized oven maybe three times. The knobs are a little plasticky for my taste, but otherwise, it is a rock-solid piece of tech. I love that thing.

Earth_Normal t1_ixbp32p wrote

I think it is filthy.

cocoaboy t1_ixc13y6 wrote

10 years of daily use, 10 mins of cleaning

foozebox OP t1_ixcfckb wrote

It is (was) so clean that oven cleaner took mostly all the lettering off. I only know what cycle it’s on from crudely written sharpie.

lentilpasta t1_ixdaagk wrote

I did the same thing to mine with a magic eraser, and when my mom came to visit I learned she did it to hers too! The verdict: the letters are barely adhered, will blow off in a strong wind

physedka t1_ixbcjwc wrote

I got one a couple of years ago and use the hell out of it. Once I realized that it can hold a 9x13 baking dish, a quarter baking sheet, and a pizza pan, the big oven lost 80% of it's purpose.. especially in the summer. My only complaint is that the air fryer function is so messy. The dedicated air fryers are much easier to clean and maintain.

mamacat49 t1_ixcsnnb wrote

Try putting a piece of aluminum foil on the inside of the glass door when you air fry something. Just fold it over in place, the door itself will hold it.

foozebox OP t1_ixcfi9x wrote

Same here, and it’s gotta be way more energy efficient, at least I think. I post on a lot of food subs and so much of it has come out of this thing.

thatoneovader t1_ixb5l1n wrote

My parents got theirs two years ago and I got mine last year. We also rarely use our full size ovens anymore. These toaster ovens are so great!

VeryOriginalName98 t1_ixck9fq wrote

It's also filthy. The reflection is one part of it. OP doesn't clean for company.

−1

WhatAGoodDoggy t1_ixc6ssl wrote

>I thought it was filthy af until I saw it was a reflection.

I'll never understand why Americans think that those countertops look good.

−4

foozebox OP t1_ixcflcl wrote

Frankly, I’m not a huge fan, came like that and kitchen was just redone. Too busy and hides crumbs too well

VeryOriginalName98 t1_ixckfmf wrote

They don't, it's just expensive to replace countertops in an apartment as a tennant. And if you bought a house, you are so far in debt, you'd have to do it yourself.