Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

mrpickem1 OP t1_iz7pfsh wrote

Separated from first wife in '93 and bought this set from Sears around 900 bux...this was when Maytags were made like..well..err..Maytags. In the almost 30 years I've used them, they outlast wife #2 and a couple GFs. Only 2 repairs the whole time...dryer belt broke which I replaced myself for $15 part, and the washer started vibrating, so I paid some guy off CL to replace a bushing that the agitator rides on. Can't remember, but probably $100 or less. It's huge too and has been fully packed many times, although I try not to overfill it anymore, lol

Notmystationbro t1_iz8o16b wrote

I know right? Some of these over engineered useless options like Wi-Fi are on washers and dryers. Why the fuck?

pwrboredom t1_izgpei4 wrote

Want quality? Buy a Maytank.

Got a Maytag dishwasher in 93. It finally gave out last summer. I picked up one from a friend that was free, and portable, 7 years ago. I laid it on its side to drain it, then shoved it into a shed. Out it came, I stripped the outer covering off it. Surprise! What made it not move around in its portable state? One 60 pound concrete block! I took it up on my porch, started it, ran like a top! Didn't leak a drop, ether. I hauled it in, installed it, ran one cleanup cycle, then loaded it. Works perfectly.

One Maytag washing machine, bought in 92, I replaced the drive belt. Still runs like new. Maytag dryer-used. One $34 element, one $2 lint fuse, bought in 90, it lasted longer than my marriage. Lo and behold, Maytag, Kenmore, Whirlpool electric dryers are all made by Whirlpool. Un-kill- able.

I have three LG washers, all waiting to go to the scrap yard. All three pooped out within 6 years- JUNK. All were curb pickups. These new machines are very expensive, don't work well, and will crap out faster than you'd like. Want something good? go-buy-used.

NWO_Eliminator t1_izcv5u0 wrote

The Maytag Dependable care line back when they were still built in Newton Iowa. No automatic washer and dryer design outlasted these.

jim10040 t1_iz7r7m3 wrote

Yeah, man! Maytag FTW!

grezzymechh t1_iz8lbke wrote

They really do last. I don’t understand why people buy the overpriced options. It just has to wash clothes.

Flimsy-Audience2629 t1_izhcfyq wrote

I have the same!!! Bought it used 12 years ago. When it needed a new belt, my repair man told me never to get rid of it because he will always be able to repair it.