Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

IndyScan t1_j1qusz6 wrote

Am I the only one who has an issue with the fit of these socks? They are really tight on the top of my foot where my leg connects.

I had one pair that were so tight they hurt to walk in & I had to get a replacement (which was painless).

Do they eventually break in? Love the quality and the lifetime guarantee but I can’t get past the fit.

I don’t have abnormal feet (AFAIK).

danisnotstan t1_j1r3wqw wrote

I have around 50 pairs and have the same issue with some of them. Each style can fit different, even in the same size and height. I have some 1/4 socks that are like barely over ankle and some that are half way to micro crew. Maybe DT can guide you to a better option?

JustAnotherOlive t1_j1rwo8l wrote

50 pairs?! Are you a centipede?

danisnotstan t1_j1s4056 wrote

Different pairs for different footwear and I don’t like doing laundry lol.

AndAwayyWeGooo t1_j1rxb5y wrote

I also have different styles and some of have that fit issue. Those are the socks that aren't as soft and don't stretch as much. I think that Darn Tough also just fits a little tighter than other socks.

Edit: Styles 1617 and 1437 are the ones I don't like.

1683, 1474, 1769, 1982 are great so far

ParryLimeade t1_j1r5xye wrote

I have this issue with women’s sizes so I buy men’s sizes. No ankle issue.

regaphysics t1_j1rsj9u wrote

You aren’t alone. I don’t hate the tight fit for hiking - that’s really what they built it for - but I definitely don’t like darn tough for daily use. My feet end up far warmer and more comfortable in looser and thicker socks. I also have regular width feet.

blbd t1_j1sfjgv wrote

Certain models are too tight around the heel and ankle for my monstrous sized feet. I've had to do an exchange here and there. But I haven't had one single failure in the ones that do fit in many years of use. I got my dad using them also.

CookBaconNow t1_j1u84tj wrote

Yes, they are uncomfortably tight in the toe box for me. I wear a 12w shoe. Great socks, but Smartwool XL size is perfect.

Nothing like a good pair of socks!

Wintrgreen t1_j1ufqzo wrote

I have an issue where my feet are right in between a M and L in their sizing so the mediums are a bit too tight and the larges are a bit too big.