Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ruuutherford OP t1_j9k2ale wrote

The problem is un-even heating. I have never had this un-even heating issue until this (relatively affordable) induction range. The "burners" are too small! Like 6in across. This lady has the only video talking about it. She shows cooking various things, and how you can clearly see the hot-spot right smack in the middle of the pan. "Induction Stoves -- Watch Before You Buy One!" Helen Rennie youtube. time stamp 1:52

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CrI33N-Sjg&t=112s

For some reason no manufacturers talk about it. It isn't on the spec sheet when shopping for ranges! The only thing we have to go on is price of the appliance <=sucks, no way to shop.

nasanu t1_j9kci73 wrote

Are you in America? Because she says "Based on the comments I am getting, it looks like the US is in the dark ages when it comes to induction and the rest of the world has mostly figured it out.".

Honestly I can put my pans anywhere and the heat spreads. Like the lodge, the handle gets freaking hot, the Mauviel gets super hot all the way up the sides. But its physics, any metal is going to spread heat if you leave it long enough. But if you are trying to cook instantly then solid copper is basically what you need.