Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

LongTimeLurker818 t1_j9z0gn8 wrote

I got the purple one (The Dyson Animal 2) and I really dislike it’s self adjusting head. It pushes dirt around on flat surfaces and it’s suction is too strong for rugs. So I have to use an attachment for rugs. It gets a lot of dirt but it’s head design doesn’t fit under toe kicks. It doesn’t have enough ground clearance for bigger chunks. For the price tag, I’m really unimpressed.

I had a dirt devil that was about a 1/4 of the cost and it was the best vacuum I ever owned. I had to replace the belts once because I was drunk cleaning and I drove over some cables. I even took it on job sights and cleaned sawdust and drywall.

Wife made me throw out the dirt devil.

Starman68 t1_j9z6v9s wrote

The motors are acknowledged as being good, but they use yogurt carton plastic in the construction and the results are wobbly products that eventually fall to bits. Not BIFL. Miele is BIFL. Dyson is buy it for a year.

nrith t1_j9zdq4m wrote

Our Dyson Animal is a piece of shit. We got a Miele canister for free from a neighbor, and it’s a rock-solid beast.

LongTimeLurker818 t1_ja03oac wrote

I’m going to look into that brand, when I need to replace my Dyson. It used to be a good brand, I’m not sure what happened. My folks bought the original Dyson and it has lasted well over 10 years.