Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

5spd4wd t1_j9nwkv7 wrote

Corelle

Sagacious-T t1_j9nys32 wrote

Agree with this. My parents still have their set of Corelle from when I was a kid. I finally bought my own set last year. They last really well, are light and strong, and replacement pieces can be bought seperately (if you go with plain white)

5spd4wd t1_j9q6e3m wrote

As well as being dishwasher friendly and nearly break-free:

"CORELLE® Dinnerware can be used for serving and re-heating food. CORELLE Dinnerware can be used in microwave and pre-heated conventional ovens up to 350˚ F (176˚ C)."

Corelle® StonewareDinnerware: OneYear Limited Warranty

InstantBrands LLC promises to replace any CORELLE stonewaredinnerware item(plates, bowls, mugs) with a manufacturing defect within ONEyear from date of purchase.

https://www.corelle.com/product-warranties#:~:text=CORELLE%C2%AE%20Dinnerware%20can%20be,and%20stoneware%20mugs%20are%20microwavable.

MissKatmandu t1_j9o4oci wrote

Yep. Parents are still using Corelle 20+ years later and plates look great. From experience growing up, they can take drops and/or hits without shattering most of the time.

5spd4wd t1_j9q5qel wrote

Dishwasher friendly too. They're thin so quite a lot of it can be stacked and stored in cabinets. I like that they don't have raised borders around the plates and saucers, which are annoying and useless.

that_cachorro_life t1_j9sdikh wrote

another perk, they are so light that I can pick 4 of them up from the dishwasher with one hand, each between one finger. My kids go through tons of tiny plates (food can't touch!) so having corelle is a lifesaver.

5spd4wd t1_j9seb7p wrote

I can't remember how long I've had my set but it's been decades. I have the plain Winter Frost pattern. They're so slender that a lot of them can fit in the dishwasher at one time. I wouldn't trade my Corelle for any other kind.