Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

thehuxtonator t1_ja7mv1z wrote

They have a lifetime guarantee but accidental damage is not covered by this.

Whether that means you consider Le Crueset are bifl depends on your definition of the term.

For me, they are bifl.

pussayforlife OP t1_ja7o3tq wrote

That's a solid point. I consider BIFL more of such a well made product that you shouldn't need to use the warranty, but I definitely see where you're coming from you're not getting those warranties on Walmarts cookware

Arcade80sbillsfan t1_ja7zmjp wrote

Honestly I've had awesome luck with Aldi enameled cast iron.

Make sure to open it in store and check it before you leave. I've done that and I have the lasagna pan, a large braiser, dutch oven, sauce pan, oval roaster (awesome for chickens), a smaller dutch oven (lids for all last 5) and a fry pan and griddle mark fry pan.

So 8 (13 if you counted lids separately) pieces from Aldi, all in probably about $170 (hit some on clearance and such but even full Aldi price would have only been like $230.

These pans aren't going anywhere anytime soon. I treat them like any enameled cast iron should be and they absolutely perform.

upvoatsforall t1_ja8j02n wrote

If you buy the non stick frying pan, it says you can use it in a broiler, which typically heats up to 500-550 degrees F.

If the pan is heated to over 475 it ruins the non stick coating and will not covered by their warranty. They will offer you 50% off a replacement.

bitchthatwaspromised t1_ja8wegu wrote

Do you think the lifetime guarantee would cover a loose handle? I inherited a frying pan recently and the loose handle is bugging the shit out of me and idk how to fix it

thehuxtonator t1_ja99m8u wrote

Usually for frying pans, if you look down the handle towards the pan you can see a screw inside.

Cross head (X) or flat (-).

Use a screwdriver of correct type and run it clockwise to tighten.

Le Cruset may cover - check their website for your location.

evergreennightmare t1_ja904g4 wrote

> They have a lifetime guarantee but accidental damage is not covered by this.

it only covers intentional damage?

−1