Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Rampant_Sarcasm t1_jbdzxgs wrote

don't want to be a downer but it is extremely unlikely the police will do anything about it. I had my close fried have their laptop stolen from their apartment (breaking and entering) and we gave the cops everything they could possibly need and they did nothing. I recommend you start looking at craigslist/offerup/Facebook marketplace to see if your laptop pops up there. I'd also recommend contacting apple to say your laptop got stolen to see if they can do anything to help or at least make sure that any info you have on iCloud is secure and that your laptop gets remotely wiped so that the thieves can't steal any personal info off of it. good luck, and sorry this happened to you

[deleted] OP t1_jbg7rhk wrote

Finally got my MacBook Pro already. Disregard the post

Rampant_Sarcasm t1_jbg9ra0 wrote

That’s unbelievable. You should buy lottery tickets lol. Very cool that sometimes the universe just works out like that, glad you got your stuff back.

mowhozart t1_jbejb31 wrote

“gave the cops everything they could possibly need”. So you provided a serial number and a receipt maybe? What else are the cops suppose to do? They check all the online re-selling markets already.

Unless there was some evidentiary value during the break in (unlikely) there is not much anyone can do. It’s not CSI.

−5

Rampant_Sarcasm t1_jbel8ik wrote

Yes? I gave them all the info i had, and yea i expected the cops to do more than fuckall considering it was breaking and entering and stolen property valued in excess of 1000 USD, which is a felony on its own. Idk why you’re so bent out of shape about my comment sharing my experience lol

mowhozart t1_jbf0bx7 wrote

Who’s bent out of shape - I’m asking what else they could’ve done?

−7

Absurd_nate t1_jbf2k8k wrote

Just an FYI, most Renters insurance policies have a theft claim. Doesn’t replace any data loss but you can recover the value of your computer.

sf_sf_sf t1_jbe8h69 wrote

[deleted] OP t1_jbg20ej wrote

I finally found my macbook.

sf_sf_sf t1_jbg5ps0 wrote

awesome! what happened?

[deleted] OP t1_jbg7nqp wrote

The place where crashed into the Pole (between Mass and Hancock), there is a beige abandoned building. Somebody at the building saw the bag and put it in the building to safeguard it from thieves, hoping that I get it. Thankfully, I met one of the people in the building at 922 Mass Ave and they gave me the backpack which includes the MacBook pro which is still in impeccable shape and without anybody resetting the software. It still has all my data in it

mowhozart t1_jbejbur wrote

File a lost property or larceny report and provide them with the details. They periodically check the online markets for stolen/lost gear.

sf_sf_sf t1_jbevce8 wrote

I would also suggest putting up a flyer near where your crash happened in case somebody grabbed it to keep it safe

[deleted] OP t1_jbf2322 wrote

I printed out 15 flyers, and I am planning to put out 10 between Central Square and Mass + Hancock, and maybe 5 more at Harvard Square/Porter Square/Kendall.

I even had the description, serial number, and even my phone number as well.

Mass+Hancock doesn't seem to be a place with high crime compared to Central, which is a hotbed of crime and I didn't seem to see any criminals or impoverished people when I hit except for thr aggressive truck driver.

Also, just FYI, the bag was completely closed at the time of the accident, so no one would know if it contains an expensive computer or something. Also, I was heading Southbound towards Central (the abandoned beige brick building is on the right) and when I turned right to Hancock (towards Riverside Cambridge), I hit a pole and since my eyes started to see floaters due to the crash, I basically waited for 1 minute until proceeding to my destination.