Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

AmnesiaInnocent t1_jddxi26 wrote

It's not just cheaper for residents, I assume that it's cheaper for the city, too...

mduchesn2004 t1_jde87cp wrote

I believe the DPW said it would cost $100k more for the program. They’re going to have a guy with a leaf blower walk the street and get trash and leaves out from parked cars.

[deleted] t1_jdemt7s wrote

[deleted]

−3

mduchesn2004 t1_jdeoz4e wrote

I would assume the concern is that the garbage attracts rats and the leaves block storm drains and cause flooding. A few cars may be fine but if too many people leave their cars out, then it could cause larger issues.

JB4-3 t1_jddzteo wrote

Not sure how you figure. Towing is free to the city and they can then clean where the car had been. It’s cheaper because it collects revenue switching to ticketing, but cannot clean where cars are parked

AmnesiaInnocent t1_jde052s wrote

I thought that they used to have police accompany the tow trucks. Now they won't need to do that. Even if they have meterm... um... people issue the tickets, that's got to be less expensive than having cops do it...

JB4-3 t1_jde0g1b wrote

Haven’t seen that, good point. I thought they just tip off the tow company who charges the driver $100-200 for the pleasure.