Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

jeremiadOtiose t1_j6vn9c3 wrote

i still miss rod dee thai. dearly. long live pubjabi dhaba!

medhved OP t1_j6vof4s wrote

Going to have to try Punjabi Dhaba. Haven't found a go-to place for Indian yet. A lot of really bad Indian restaurants out there. Suburbs seem to have better ones. Any Thai restaurant recommendations?

commentsOnPizza t1_j6vqyrl wrote

I like Thai Hut on Beacon St Somerville. It's mostly a take-out place, but they have a few tables (like 2 or 3). It's really good food. It's not like Similans where it's fancy. I think Thai Hut has a BYOB license.

I'd second Punjabi Dhaba for Indian. It's not fancy or anything, but it's good food and always packed for a reason.

GrippingHand t1_j6vseyn wrote

Oof. Thanks for the info, but sorry to see them go. We had a lot of good meals from them.

candleruse t1_j6vw3cr wrote

I just moved here and both of these places are my go-to spots for good cheap eats within walking distance. Any recs from the menu? Saag paneer and the curry plate have both been good from Punjabi Dhaba (and the samosas are huge!), and I liked the yellow curry from Thai hut.

medhved OP t1_j6wux4s wrote

I'm glad they're back. Ordered from them recently on UE. Those prices were quite a bit higher than i remember. Will have to go there and see whether it's a different rate.

jeremiadOtiose t1_j6x279u wrote

holy crap thanks so much for letting me know! i don't live in boston anymore, but i'll be sure to check it out for my regular two dishes i loved there.. i only went to the fenway location once, my favorite one was on comm ave in brookline because it had outdoor eating, but beggars can't be choosers.

there was another place on harvard St in bline, i forget its name, but it was also very, very good.

crystallyn t1_j6x5d0c wrote

With so many businesses moving a lot of their employees remote, they probably didn't have the customers they needed to keep it going. Very very sad.

Also, they had that weird statue of two elephants getting down and dirty.

JaneLee1307 t1_j6xbflc wrote

This is very sad. I’m already missing this place.

ampharos14 t1_j6xvbpv wrote

I have gotten food poisoning there twice in 2021 so I don’t mind 😂