Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

CTNotPC t1_je9a5n3 wrote

I find it astonishing how CT just likes throwing money for solutions instead of making enforceable and equitable legislature to help solve the root problem.

Got a drug problem? Here is $100 bucks. Good luck. Cant find a job because you got a record? Here is some money, good luck. Suffer from mental illness? Here is some dough, good luck.

−14

Burwylf t1_je9e79e wrote

Yeah, we should put them all in prison, that'd help

CTNotPC t1_je9jfen wrote

Giving free money is not a solution. Making programs like help re-introduce criminals from prison to society would be more helpful. Give an addict $500 bucks, is going to be spent on drugs. Give an addict help, training, and a solid program for him/her to reintegrate to society is a better option

Burwylf t1_je9k3l1 wrote

Ok, what do they need to better reintegrate into society? A home, a shower, a job... But wait, they'd just spend the money from the job on drugs, so we can't do that... And limiting employers ability to ask about criminal history would be soft on crime, and homes with showers would be a handout... I guess it's an impossible problem

The only solution is a for profit private prison system with a monetary incentive to maximize recidivism, it's the only way.

Also anyone that ever does a drug has to go there too

CTNotPC t1_je9lvqc wrote

Alright. Give them free money. Make it a $1,000 a month. Inflation adjusted income. That will solve their problems

Burwylf t1_je9lti4 wrote

I'm sorry, I shouldn't be so snarky because people won't take it seriously, but literally, we pay the justice system per criminal from police on down to prisons, and the system knows this, and makes sure they have as many repeat customers as possible.

−1

Mascbro26 t1_je9k61s wrote

Money can't buy hapiness but it sure can solve a lot of problems!