Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ctnutmegger t1_jdjt95f wrote

As u/mgr86 noted below, it's pretty expensive to get a business on that sign. However, if this is Exit 29 on I-95, then that means it's in Bridgeport. That means it's close to:

• Beardsley Zoo
  • Seaside Park
  • Webster Bank Arena
  • P.T. Barnum Museum
  • Captain's Cove Seaport
  • Saint Mary's By The Sea Park
  • Discovery Museum and Planetarium
  • Bass Pro Shop building with the bowling alley, indoor waterfall, etc.
  • Housatonic Museum of Art
  • Bridgeport History Center
  • Fayerweather Island Lighthouse walk
  • Bridgeport Farmer's Market
  • Mongers Market
  • Tours of historic homes in Black Rock

I know that this sub loves both the "ThErE'S NoThInG To dO In cOnNeCtIcUt" and also the "Bridgeport bad" tropes, but there is a bunch to do within city limits. (I didn't even include other items in Fairfield County or New Haven County.)

IlluminatiRex t1_jdkgn9g wrote

> I didn't even include other items in Fairfield County or New Haven County.)

Even in Eastern CT there's a bunch to do, I feel like what people often mean when they say there's "nothing to do" they mean like clubs and nightlife? IDK, that's always generally the vibe I get.

hard-time-on-planet t1_jdqgj21 wrote

Good list.

You're right that the picture is 95. It's the sign for attractions at exit 29 if you're traveling southbound. But the sign is right after exit 30. Try map coordinates 41.175205, -73.153221

From your list, I would guess the sign was intended for Bass Pro, but maybe they wouldn't pay to be on the sign.

The attractions sign for Exit 28 northbound, which lets off to the opposite side of the same overall area, has one listing : Shoreline Star Greyhound. Which hasn't had greyhound racing for a while but maybe still does off track betting.