Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

HealthyDirection659 t1_itzlhoh wrote

Click the link i provided then scrol down. All the info you need is there. Program has been closed since july 1 2014.

Kolzig33189 t1_itzm0ij wrote

The link is for a state program (UniteCT) that hasn’t functioned since 2014 and if I’m reading it correctly stopped accepting new applicants sometime in 2007.

I know several families in CT who have been granted section 8 vouchers within the past 10 months or so. Yes they had longer waits than I’m comfortable with the system having but they didn’t apply pre-2014.

Saying none have been given in CT in 8 years remains a ridiculous statement.

HealthyDirection659 t1_itzmynm wrote

You can believe what you want. That web page cant be more clear.

Kolzig33189 t1_itzqpvs wrote

Again the website you provided has nothing to do with section 8; it’s a site for a state only program called UniteCT. If you search that program, it’s for emergency situations and provided about 12 months of rental assistance when it was active.

As you said earlier, section 8 under HUD is a federal program and does not have time limits for voucher recipients, only income limits. They are not the same programs in any way.

If I told you Big Y has apples in stock and you argue and say “no, they don’t have any oranges” how is that helpful or relevant?