Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

writingonthefall OP t1_iu23y3p wrote

So I need to consistently monitor it before it happens? No public discussion or announcment necessary? How should anyone know what to expect before it is inflicted on them?

An antitrust lawsuit against EVERSOURCE is overdue.

HeavenIsOtherDogs t1_iu290mk wrote

“There’s no point in acting surprised about it. All the planning charts and demolition orders have been on display at your local planning department in Alpha Centauri for 50 of your Earth years, so you’ve had plenty of time to lodge any formal complaint and it’s far too late to start making a fuss about it now. … What do you mean you’ve never been to Alpha Centauri? Oh, for heaven’s sake, mankind, it’s only four light years away, you know. I’m sorry, but if you can’t be bothered to take an interest in local affairs, that’s your own lookout. Energize the demolition beams.”

― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

dziuniekdrive t1_iu2da5k wrote

Which town?

writingonthefall OP t1_iu2hui2 wrote

Torrington for me. I recently bought this house. But still don't get how I should stay on top of local politics.

LizzieBordensPetRock t1_iu3rkgx wrote

The state agencies have email lists and usually stuff like this has to go through a public notice/comment period which is published in the newspaper.